3

Kara woke up the next morning to the blinding light of the sun.

Trying to go back to sleep she turns on her side avoiding the sunlight. She slept later than she expected last night. Apparently day dreaming doesn't help you finish your work earlier.

Wait...work...the sun...is up...CRAP WORK!!!

In her hurry to get out of bed she falls to the floor tangled in sheets. The alien groans even though it didn't hurt. She looks up to find the clock in front of her.

7:59!!!!

She's so late for work.

Kara rushed to her bathroom to brush her teeth and comb her hair, not even bothering to take a shower (thank Rao she did that last night). Once she's out she zips to her wardrobe and throwing on the first thing she sees, not caring if it doesn't match. She doesn't have enough time to debate what to wear like she usually does. After she throws on her clothes she quickly grabs her bag and USB and flies off to work.

RAO! What's the point of having super powers if your still late for work. She's lucky if she doesn't get fired.

She sees the CatCo building close by and making sure no one sees, she lands on the balcony. Hands pat down her blouse and pulls on the bottom of the hem of her shirt in attempt to straighten it out. It didn't help much but it'll do.

She glances at her wrist watch, 8:12, she still has time to hand over the piece to Snapper.

When she arrives the office she is greeted with an unimpressed look.

"You're late blondie" The blade man snarls.

"It's 8:15. I'm right on time" she counters

"While working for me being on time is late," Snapper rubs his temples not wanting to deal with a headache so early in the morning. "Just give me your piece."

She hands him the USB to look over. She stands by his desk playing with her fingers nervously.

Well he's not yelling that's a good sign

"What the hell is this!"

Spoke too soon

"It's the assignment I was given"

Kara can see a vein popping out, "Listen up Danvers. We are here to publish news not release sappy fan girl love letters."

"I don't underst-

"Your new here. And you have no experience in this field but even I expected more that this. You think people want to hear this. You cannot let your opinions interfere with your work-

"With all due respect that is news. And sure I did give her a little praise but that is nothing but facts. This line of work is about telling truths but aren't you doing the exact opposite if you don't publish this. Your telling me I can't be biased and not let my opinions interfere but what are you doing right now. You won't let me have this published because what-because of her last name? Because that now how the Luthors are supposed to be? Because your afraid about the backlash we're going get? I interviewed her and I wrote down every single word she said, whether you believe her or not is not my problem. What she said in that interview has not been said or repeated in any other articles. This will sell whether people like it or not!" Kara finished in a single breath.

Snapper stared at her for a long time before turning back to the computer. The fire she spat out earlier faded away just as quickly as it came. Snapped continued typing on his computer and Kara didn't know if she should leave or stay.

When he was done he handed her the USB. "You have a few grammatical errors. Rephrase your first sentence and don't praise her, the fact that you wrote this already does that for you. And next time give me a printed copy. After you finish that I want a list of at least 5 people that saw her when she was a little girl or saw her attitudes change after the incident with her brother. You must be able to contact those people and get an interview from them. I don't care if you have to get the list from Ms. Luthor herself. I want that list by tomorrow morning at 8:15. And don't be late!"