#1: how to be successful on wattpad: THE STORYLINE

ello human beans

this is for those who seek writing advice and alll that jazz. if you're content with how you are on wattpad and your books then you can skip this if ya want!

this is another series I am starting on Rambles called "How To Be Successful On Wattpad" where in each "chapter" (labelled by a #number) I will be breaking down what methods and tactics I used in order to get people to read my books, get popular and eventually hit that 1M mark. I will also be explaining how I personally come up with my story ideas, character names and personalities and etc, all that is required to create a good novel.

Also I apologize in advance for this but the information I give will be kind of disorganized and all over the place, but it's helpful so please bear with me. It's cuz this is like a rambles book so everything's chill ya know.

The next chapter will have an abbreviated title like " #2: HTBSOW: The Characters

Each chapter will focus on something different and for today, we will be focusing on THE STORYLINE

Also please make sure to ask questions if I'm missing something here !!

nOW

In order to actually write on wattpad you need a story right? But when it comes to what genre, plot and all that jazz, you need to be organized and tactical.

FIRST OF ALL MAKE SURE TO PLAN THE PLOT!

Some people work best winging the whole thing completely, starting the book as soon as they get an idea and "wing it" until the end. That doesn't work for me, and in my eyes, some people often get writer's block or lose interest half way through the story while writing it.

Story never gets updated, gets discontinued and readers get sad.

If you still can't be bothered with making a plan, at least plan out the beginning and the end and the main plot twists and wing the rest. It helps a lot in my opinion.

For planning, I often times write down what I plan in a journals shown below.

It's v shitty and not so artistic

It's v shitty and not so artistic. If you've ever seen Elanna's (Chingyonce) writing journal on her updated book, y'all that stuff is beautiful like with the drawings and everything.

But yeah you can write it down, you can jot bullet points on your laptop whatever. I often get confused with my own plots so I have to write everything down.

Moving on!

Write what you would want to read in a book. Write something that you would enjoy writing.