❀ mental health awareness day ❀

hello friends, long time no see (on this book) (:

it's mental health awareness day and i just wanted to talk a little about it and share my own experiences too.

as some of you may already know, I was going through a lot of shit with anxiety during this summer. I made a lot of posts about it on this book, which if you want you can read back on it. this year was a weird year, i was never one to have any problems with anxiety other than mild social anxiety. but this year I struggled a lot with some friends and my family. there were days i'd cry over the most insignificant things because i made the mistake of overanalyzing and overthinking things and worrying too much about shit. i'd get nauseous in the mornings or nights when i'm alone with my thoughts, to a point i started taking pills to help stop it. i went through a lot of this shit right before my final exams, and i genuinely believe i could've done better on those exams if i had not gone through all this shit for two weeks.

but now, i can honestly say i am doing much better. i'm much happier because i'm away from the toxic environment i used to live in (currently in canada doing studies). i wrote down in my journal all my worries, struggles and shit and now I read back on it and smile to myself because I used to worry so much about everything when now I don't even give a shit about half those things.

the things i used to stress about over the summer turned out well at the end, and really enforced my belief in that everything gets better.

I want y'all to remember that too, that whenever it feels like everything's going to shit: it gets better. Things won't be perfect, but they get better. you just gotta have hope and belief that it does, and fight through it, as cliché as all of that sounds: it's what i did. take it one step at a time, and one day you will be happy.

Please remember that you matter. You're not worthless. You're brave for trying every day. Just remember that one of the most helpful things in tough times is to communicate, reach out to those who love you and will understand what you're going through. Having a good support system is key, it's what helped me and i can definitely say that venting helps a lot.

Even though i haven't been posting on wattpad as much, I come online every day so I am here if you need to vent and talk to. You can also hmu on my instagram (macklemcvey) or twitter (macklemcveyy) whichever you prefer. I am always here.

I love you all 💓

Happy Mental Health Awareness Day

THAT'S ALL FOLKS