Chapter 3: Of Puns and Railguns

When Tetsuya walked into the classroom his ability, as usual, immediately kicks in as his supposed to be classmates kept prying on to his possibly whereabouts.

            “Class, this is Kuroko Tetsuya, he will be joining us the rest of this summer but he will, again transfer once he finish this term. Kuroko-kun, can you please tell us about yourself? Kuroko-kun?

            Noticing that even his teacher, Komoe-sensei can’t notice him, he moves forward sheepishly, earning him a series of gasps and uhh… screams from his classmates. However, he introduced himself in his usual state though, emotionlessly.

            “Domo, I’m Kuroko Tetsuya, nice to meet you.”

            “Eeh!”

            The one who suddenly shrieked was a certain spiky-haired boy. Kamijou Touma points at his direction. Utter surprise can be found at his face.

            “Y..you?!”

            “Ah, it’s good to see you here Kamijou-san.”

            “Eh? You knew each other?” Komoe-sensei then asked, seeing how the other students raise their eyebrows at the unexpected event.

            “Uh, he helped me yesterday.” Kamijou, scratching his not-so-itchy-head sheepishly said. And with a nod from Tetsuya, Komoe-sensei then decide,

            “Since you already knew each other then, Kuroko-kun you can sit next to Kamijou-kun at the back. Kamijou-kun, I can entrust his tour with you right?”

            With a wide grin, Kamijou then answered ‘yes’ in an energetic manner, seeing as he can pay his debt to the teal-haired boy who was now walking to his direction. Tetsuya seems to hear some of his classmates’ whispers as he seated himself. His hobby functioning as he observes them interact with each other.

            “Hey, don’t you think that guy is strange?”

            “Yeah! We didn’t even see him from the start! What is his ability?”

            “Are you kidding me? Look here, when I didn’t focus on where he is, I thought that he’s already gone!”

            “What is his level? I’m curious.”

            With his stoic gaze, he looks through the windows, ignoring the little chit-chat of those around him.

            ‘Here we go again.’

            Sighing he finds himself staring at Kamijou who was grinning at him fondly.

            “Hey, I thought you’re younger than me? And I’ll never think that you’ll go to the same class as I’m going to!”

            “Hai, Kamijou-san, I’m younger than you by perhaps a year below.”

            With his monotone reply Kamijou can only gawk.

            “Eh, then why…”

            “Dunno.”

            Sweat dropping at the other’s blunt reply, Kamijou can only shook his head, muttering ‘yare, yare’

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Are you alright Kamijou-kun?” Tetsuya asks worriedly, in spite of the blunt look of his face as he turns his gaze at the laden or perhaps beaten body of a certain Kamijou Touma.