Chapter 4

I looked for Harry after school, but he was nowhere to be found. I sighed, pulled my bag up and started walking home. We live about twenty minutes away, but that's driving. I want to call my mom to come get me, but I don't want Harry to get in trouble. I don't mind walking I just wish he would have told me he wasn't going to drive me home. My phone started to ring in my pocket so I pulled it out and checked it. It was a number I didn't know so I let it ring. Seconds later it rang again. I groaned and answered it. "Who's this?" "It's me, Harry. Shit, I'm sorry I forgot you. Where are you?" I looked around for a street sign. "Uhm. Seraville street." I heard his car start and he said, "Stay there. I'm on my way." Then he hung up. I smiled and sat down on the curb waiting for him. I felt weird just sitting here waiting. All these cars driving past. They probably think I'm weird. I was perfectly fine walking. I should have just told him that.

A car stopped in front of me. I looked up and noticed the car was this red color. Immediately I stood up confused because Harry's car is black. I looked into the window and saw Niall. He opened the door and got out. "Why are you sitting there?" He laughed. "Waiting for Harry. He forgot me and he's on his way." "Where do you live?" I shrugged. "About twenty or so minutes from here." Niall opened his door. "I'll drive you?" I shook my head. "He's already on his way. I'm fine." Niall nodded his head. "Okay." He opened his car door right when Harry pulled up. Harry jumped out of the car. "Shit, Lou I'm sorry." He saw Niall and his mood completely changed. I don't know what he was feeling. Anger? Sadness? I couldn't tell, but I could tell Niall's mood has changed as well. "I'll see you around Louis," Niall said before getting into his car before driving away. "Come on," Harry said getting into his car.

I got in Harry's car and sighed. "Why was he there?" I rolled my eyes. "He is a friend. Saw me sitting on a curb, offered me a ride. You know after you ditched me." I looked over and saw him gripping the wheel tight. "I forgot about you, okay? I'm not used to having a step-brother." I sighed. "I know, but why does it matter if I was talking to Niall?" "It doesn't" I rolled my eyes. "Yes, it clearly does. When you saw him your whole attitude changed." "We have history. That's all." I put my hands up in defense. "I was just asking." He kept quiet the rest of the time home. My nosey self is going to have to find out what happened to them.