Virgin?

I started playing with my pencil, twirling it in my hair. I had just finished my stemless rose. I flipped through the pages of my sketchbook and landed on the page I drew which I could only explain as God I don't even know.

 I flipped through the pages of my sketchbook and landed on the page I drew which I could only explain as God I don't even know

I glance at Andy who was playing paper football and saw him cheer silently. I couldn't help, but smile even though he was a little bit of the cause for my picture.

After a little while, I got tired of drawing and started to doze off. I grabbed my jacket and used it as a pillow, laying in the two chairs at my table.

***

It only felt like seconds later, the library doors opened.

"Wake up!" he said.

I didn't bother to move and I'm pretty sure no one else did either.

Dick then asked, "Who has to go to the lavatory?"

My hand shot up along with the others.

***

Later, I glance at the clock which says 10:22.

I sat on my table, playing with my hair. Andy is stretching nearby while John is tearing pages out of a book and is tossing them around.

"That's real intelligent," Andy says to John.

"You're right. It's wrong to destroy literature," John replies, still tearing pages. "It's such fun to read...and, Mo-let really pumps my nads!"

I giggle at how he said it. "Mol-yare," I pronounce it for him.

John looks at me to which I just shrug with a smile.

"I love his work," Brian voiced.

John tosses the rest of the pages at Brian. He picks up the card catalogue drawer and begins to take cards out.

"Big deal. Nothing to do when you're locked in a vacancy."

"Speak for yourself," Andy commented.

"Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language!"

Andy turned to Claire. "Hey, you grounded tonight?"

"I don't know, my mom said I was but my dad told me to just blow her off," Claire replied.

Being old friends with Claire, I know her parents argue a lot.

"Big party at Stubbies, parents are in Europe. Should be pretty wild."

"Yeah?"

Yeah, can you go?"

"I doubt it."

"How come?"

"Well 'cause if I do what my mother tells me not to do, it's because my father says it's okay. There's like this whole big monster deal, it's endless and it's a total drag. It's like any minute...divorce."