Akatsuki no Yona One Shot: Yun x Reader

Hey guys!! So today is September 25th- so it's Yun's birthday!! Yona of the Dawn is my favorite anime, so I had to do a One Shot for him!! He's my favorite character! I know this One Shots book is for Yuri On Ice- but I couldn't help myself!! 

"Once upon a time oh so very long ago..." 

You sung merrily as you made your way down to the river. You continued to hum the melody as you filled the bucket you carried and trudged back up to your little cabin. You entered the open door, setting the bucket on the low table in the middle of the cabin. The place was one room, with a large fire place (as large as possible with your limited space) opposite the door for cooking. Next to it- for warmth- was your bed. A pile of blankets on the floor. Which was currently occupied by a sleeping body.

You stared at the figure beneath the blankets, his chest rising and falling peacefully. You had found him passed out beneath a tree, near dead from blood loss. He had had a nasty gash across his chest, and you had hurriedly tended to him. Stripping his torn shirt from his shaking feverish body and wiping the crimson liquid away. You stitched him up, and bandaged the wound carefully, and gently half-carried-half-dragged him to the cabin. Which had not been far away, thank goodness. 

You knelt beside him, and brushed his strawberry blonde hair out of his eyes as you wondered about this boy. What was his name? What had happened? How had he gotten hurt?

His face was hot and flushed with fever, so you took a small cloth and soaked it in the water, laying it across his forehead.

The boy slept for hours and hours.

All the time you sat by his side.

And waited for a sign.

You made up stories about his adventures, and told them cheerfully to him as you changed his bandages. About how he was a warrior some days, and a scholar others. He was pirate once, and student at prestigious college. And a poor farm boy. He was all those things, and yet he wasn't- because you had no earthly idea who this boy was. You could only imagine.

Finally- the fever broke, and soon after he sat up with a start, "Yona! Thunder Beast!"

 He quickly fell back, groaning in pain.

"Bet that hurt- don't do that!" you cried, worriedly. You ran to ladle him a bowl of soup.

"Huh? Who the hell are you?" he asked, his voice hoarse from disuse.

"Hm? Oh, just the person who saved you. No big deal," you said, rolling your eyes.

"I suppose you deserve a thank you. Is it just you, by yourself?" he asked, and you sat beside him with the bowl of soup. You helped him prop himself up, and spooned a mouthful of the soup into his mouth.

"I can- mmph," he mumbled in protest, reddening.

"Quiet. Eat," you said, gently, "I found you beneath a tree bleeding to death."

"The fight... I hope they're okay..." the boy said between bites.

"Who?" you shook your head, "First- tell me your name."

"Yun. What's your name?"

"(Y/N). Who are these people you were talking about?" you asked, and gave him another bite.

"My friends. We're travelers. There's seven of us all together," Yun said, looking worried.

"Six others then? I didn't see anyone, sorry," you said, sympathetically.

"They didn't leave you, did they?" you asked, eyes widening.

"No, they would never," Yun said, "I hope they're okay. They're totally lost without me. I'm a beautiful genius."

"... and you're humble too," you remarked, and raised an eyebrow. Yun chuckled. Though you blushed, eyeing him. He was prettier than a girl.

You fed him in silence until he finished. He had eaten hungrily- with good reason. He hadn't eaten in who knows how long. You talked for sometime about all kinds of different things. His friends and their adventures, books, and medicine. He was so smart, you felt like a child in comparison at times, but you knew a few things he didn't as well. After a while you urged him to go back to sleep, and you fell asleep right after he did.

-------

Yun's eyes fluttered open and rolled painfully onto his other side to find himself face to face with you. You were fast asleep, stomach rising and falling peacefully. You were so close, he could feel your breath across his face. He immediately reddened. It was dark outside, and his nose felt chilled, exposed to the night air.

You shivered in your sleep.

His eyes widened, and he quickly pulled you to his chest beneath the covers, blushing. You didn't wake, just complied and slipped your arms around him in subconsciously. He lay with you like that for a long time, his nose buried in your hair. He felt strange, with a girl he barely knew laying with him. But yet, you seemed so familiar. So close to him. Like he had known you forever. 

"Thank you. For taking care of me."