P r o l o g u e

Here we go, the first story on this account. Don't forget to vote and comment, and if you share, tell me and I'll follow you and vote on one of your books

***

I held his cold hand in mine, my eyes burning with unshed tears.

My throat was scratchy from how much I had been screaming and crying; but no matter how much I protested, I knew it was coming.

"I love you dad," I whispered, a tear slipping down my hot cheek.

He squeezed my hand, "I love you too baby girl. Take care of your momma for me."

I smiled weakly, my hand trembling in his.

"I will papa," I whispered, my heart pounding heavily against my chest.
My breathing was cut short by the flat beep on his heart rate monitor.

At that moment it felt like time had stopped. I couldn't move; I felt paralyzed from my neck down.

The nurses rushed in and ushered me out, swiftly pulling the thin white sheet over his face.

I watched as the blood was draining from his face, his skin turning white; my stomach churned at the sight.

I reached up to rub my eyes, and immediately my hands were covered in a clear, salty liquid.

My hands were trembling, and it felt as though any minute my knees would buckle and my body would colapse.

I watched helplessly as they wheeled him out of the room.
I let out a squeal, trying to run towards the bed.

Suddenly a pair of arms snaked themselves around me, caging me so I couldn't break free.

"Let me go, let me go!"  I sobbed, tears streaming down my burning cheeks.

"Violet, calm down." He whispered soothingly in my ear.

"Don't touch me you dimwit! This is your fault!" I screamed, elbowing him in the ribs.

He dropped his arms, doubling over in pain. He wouldn't deny it, because he knew it was completely true.

***

Sorry this was so ridiculously short, but it's the prologue and prologues usually are.

Thanks for reading! Add this to your reading list or library, vote, comment, and share!

Byeeee!