Chapter Twenty-Six

I'm typing this chapter on my computer so sorry if this author's note, and the last author's note looks different.

***

Chapter Twenty-Six

Violet's POV-

I combed a hand through my hair, staring intently at the TV. 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door; I pulled myself off the couch and jogged over to the front of the house, pulling the door open. 

A gasp escaped my lips when I saw Ashton standing there, surrounded by rose petals as he held a piece of white poster board that had the words, 'Will you be my date to the graduation dance?' written neatly on it.

I was about to decline the offer as polite as I could, when someone else gasped. I reluctantly turned and saw Alex holding a boquet of flowers and a diamond necklace.

My eyes widened as he threw the items to the ground, "I thought you were my best friend Ashton. I was wrong. Violet, I was going to ask you properly, but I guess Ash beat me to it. I'm sorry for not doing it sooner."

That was all he said before dissapearing, leaving me standing in the door way with a shocked expression. 

What just happened? I feel bad for Ashton and Alex's relationship, because it doesn't look like it's going to be easy to rekindle.

"I'm sorry Ashton, but I can't. Alex is my boyfriend and you know that, which is why I don't understand your reasoning behind this." I exclaimed incredulously, dumbfounded as to why he would even ask. I thought he said he didn't like me...

He sighed, a slight blush creeping onto his pale cheeks.

"I guess I got carried away. I lied when I said I didn't like you, I guess I was just trying to make a move. I figured if I made a move, and you turned me down, that would be proof that it's never going to happen and I could move on. But if I left it, I'd always have that lingering doubt, stabbing the back of my mind." He explained, before turning around and leaving.

I was too paralyzed to say anything.

***

I smoothed out my dress and touched up my make-up while I waited for Alex.

My heart was pounding heavily against my chest as nerves started to build itself inside my stomach.

There was a knock at the door, and I stumbled over towards it, trying to remember how to walk in heels.

I twisted the handle and pulled it open, revealing Alex in a suit, with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other.

"This is just a graduation dance, not prom." I chuckled, taking the flowers and chocolate from him and setting them on the kitchen counter.

He smiled sheepishly, holding his hand out for me to take.
I gladly took it, and he laced our fingers together, gently tugging me out the door with him.

He held the passenger door of his car open for me, and I slid in.

It was quiet during most of the ride until I finally broke the silence.

"You shouldn't be mad at Ashton. I get what he did was wrong, but you shouldn't let one mistake ruin your fri-" He cut me off.

"It's not just that. He knows how much I like you, and how hard I tried to get you, but yet he still asked. He didn't just break my trust, but he also broke a bro-code, and in our group, that just doesn't work." He sighed, glancing over at me.

"I guess I understand." No I don't. He's being pathetic and immature.

"Thanks Vi. We're here," He sighed, unbuckling and sliding out of the car.

I quickly did the same, and ran to catch up with him.

I immediately regretted it when my ankle twisted and I fell, my butt colliding with the concrete.

His eyes flashed with concern, but also a bit of amusement.

He stifled his laughter and knelt down beside me.

"Are you okay?" He inquired, checking my ankle to make sure it wasn't broken.

I nodded, doing my best to conceal the pain I felt.

I wasn't going to ruin his night because I'm clumsy.

***

Heyyy, sorry this took a while, I couldn't find inspiration for the last half.

Are you guys mad at Ashton right now???

Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment and vote! 💕💕💕

Byeeee!