"Different Surroundings, New Shit. (pt.1) "

[WARNING: Light Racial Slurs & Slight Derogatory Language

[WARNING: Light Racial Slurs & Slight Derogatory Language. Viewer Discretion is Advised.]

DeVante finally stopped driving once he got to Durham, North Carolina. There was a small Truck stop at the entrance of Durham. He lets out a small sigh, as he yawned. All he had was $400, that he saved up so he could move out his parent's house and the 30 Dollars that he had in his wallet. He had to make this last until, he could find a job.

Dalvin was sound asleep in the passenger seat, with an emergency blanket wrapped around him. DeVante got out the car and begins to pump his gas. He pumped enough to last him to last him for a few days. After he finished, he walked into the station to pay the pump, as well as grabbing a few snacks for him & Dalvin. After he paid for everything, he walked back to the car. He got inside, with a half woke Dalvin. "Where we at?"

"Durham, North Carolina." "Oh." He said, yawning. "What's the plan?" He questioned. "I'm gunna find a cheap motel that we could stay at for a few days until I can find a job to get back on my feet. Dalvin nodded. "Ok." DeVante starts the car and starts to pull off from the Truckstop. "De?" "Mhm?" "You think, we're gunna be alright?" He asked, hesitant to see his brother's reaction. He didn't want DeVante to think that he didn't have faith in him. But, it was a question that lingered on his mind.

He touched his hand and nodded. "I got us. Don't worry." Dalvin could see the determination in his eyes and felt automatically safe. Everything was gunna be alright.

"Negro put it on there straight." Jojo huffed as this was his 6th time posting the same damn piece of paper on the bulletin board. "How about you do it yourself." Cedric snatches the paper out his hand and begins to put the paper on himself. "I swear, you can't let a nigga do shit for you. They never do that shit right. But, they surely know how to mooch off they own people off right." He mutters to himself, causing Jojo to smack him upside his head.

"See, And Volatile too. I see why those honkies are scared of us black folk." He teased. Jojo shook his head. "You're going to hell." "And you'll be coming with me. We brothers." Jojo scoffed. "Negro and? " "We ride & we die together." "Yea, that Booga sugar going straight to your brain cells cause, yo ass loosing it." Cedric shook his head as he chuckled.

"I hope our new roommate is white, cause niggas don't know how to pay on time." He said, shaking his head. "If you don't shut yo uncle tom ass up!" He said, smacking his brother upside his head again. "What, I'm saying. Us letting negros in caused us to be in this predicament." "No, your lack of judgment did. You had to let yo homeboy come live with us. Knowing, he on child support for 3 different kids and they garnish his checks." "Look, I was helping a brotha out."

He defended as they walked into the small coffee shop.

"Yea, dumb negro move." He said, rolling his eyes. "Aye, don't use my own shit against me." Jojo shook his head and sighed. "All I know is, we just need somebody that can have rent ready and ain't triflin'." "You still mad that Juan fucked yo bitch in yo bed." Jojo glared at him as Cedric laughed so hard to the point he was clutching his stomach. "I'm sorry, it's just... Damn, that spic got yo ass good." He said, falling down on his knees, laughing.