Chapter 3

Laf's POV: 

 I felt my breath hitch in my throat and I was tempted to squeal. I couldn't help it, for once I had met someone who seemed to care for me, it has been such a long time since I had felt this warm and fuzzy inside when someone looked at me and his smile, I could go on for days about it. The first bell rang and I closed my locker, looking over my schedule.  I had Algebra first and PE second. PE really? My school's going to make me do PE second  period, wow rude. The rest of my schedule can wait I guess, I turned back to Hercules and walked back to his locker, we still had almost ten minutes before class started "So do- um you want to compare classes" I blushed inwardly and held it out the slip of paper for him to see.

Hercules's POV

What? I looked up from the schedule in my hand "Oh uh, sure. I have Algebra first, social studies second, PE third and lunch forth. What about you?" I was blushing, I could tell as i shifted my feet and glanced back up at him, I couldn't really describe my feelings to him, my mom always taught me that homosexuality was /wrong/ marriage was between one man and one woman right? I shouldn't be feeling this way "Algebra, PE, Social studies, then lunch" he mumbled and closed his locker with a small clang "Well at least we have a few classes together and we can sit by each other during lunch- that is if you want to. I don't know if you have a group of friends or a girlfriend or something, I mean if you--" He trailed off and squeaked one of his shoes against the while linoleum tile.

Lafayette's POV 

I nodded and almost burst out laughing at the mention of a 'girlfriend' I was both excited and offended  that I didn't just radiate my gayness, "I have two friends but they are dating each other so I mostly steer clean of them at lunch or if they're just being super homo" I laughed, for the first time in a while I laughed, and it felt like everything was going to be ok, that the faint lines on my wrists and hips didn't exist anymore and my father was nice, sober, and caring. It felt like my mom was still there and everything was ok, it felt amazing... And it was all because of a silly comment Hercules made. "But I'm not taken if that was what you were asking" The bell rang and we both realized at the same time we were late, for the first day of class. "dang it" I mumbled and started speed walking to the classroom with Hercules trailing behind me almost like a lovesick puppy, he had no clue where he was going or who the teacher even was, it was fairly adorable if I was being honest. I stepped inside and took my normal seat in the back left with an empty chair on each side, well there was usually two chairs open but Hercules set his things down to the left of me and sat down. The lesson droned on and on and on. The final bell rang and everyone got up in a rush to get to their next class.

((Yoo,,, so my parents took my computer and phone away so sorry for the late update. anyway hoped you liked it and feel free to private message me if you have any ideas to drive the plot or just some criticism in general really   

608 words