6: The Wise Guys

Elijah POV

I am greeted by the blonde. The girl who was with Percy is now standing right in front of me.

'Well, well, well. Son of. Athena huh?' I look at her in the eyes. She seems nice, but I get the feeling she'd be a worse enemy than even the most powerful demigod.

'Well that's what they tell me,' I stated confidently. She's not going to get to me. I look around the room. There are only three others in the room. One boy and two girls.

'Hi!' The boy says, while walking towards me. 'I'm Michael. Looks like I'm no longer the only man of the house.'

'Yeah.' Says the blonde. 'But you say that like we need a man of the house. Women can run a household perfectly fine by themselves.' Michael coughs.

'Yeah, I'm sure.' He says while suppressing the laughter. 'Malcolm will be back soon anyway.'

I make a mental note; Michael is sarcastic. He's cool.

'Anyway, I'm Annabeth,' says the blonde, 'I'm the head councillor. Every cabin has one. What's your name?'

'My names Elijah. You can call me Lij.' I look at the two girls, who are just sitting there.

I make another mental note; The girls are shy. Don't go out of your way to talk to them. I think that i will just hold off on the mental notes.

'So,' says Annabeth, 'Capture the Flag's tomorrow. I just got given the list of cabin teams.'

Annabeth begins to open the letter. She did it so perfectly, not ripping any of the letter.

'Group one: Dionysus, Hephaestus, Athena, Aphrodite, Zeus, Hypnos, Tyche, Nemesis and Hebe.

Group two: Apollo, Poseidon, Hades, Demeter, Nike, Iris, Hecate, Ares and Hermes.

Those are the teams. We should formulate a strategy. Here's the map of the woods.' My eyes scan the room. Everyone seems so serious. I look down at the map. There's a stream going down the middle, and in the middle of the opposing teams area is a rock pile.

'We call that Zeus' fist.' Stated Annabeth. It was like she had read my mind. I notice a pathway through the woods, obscured by the trees around it.

'What about that way?' I ask Annabeth. It's clear she's the authority figure in the cabin. 'Why don't I run through that one.' I point to the clearing halfway along the trail. 'Give me a whistle. Keep some people on standby nearby. If I blow the whistle, I'll get backup. From there I'll come from behind. When I arrive, I'll blow twice. Then make a charge with your best team of fighters. Before that, stay on defence.' Everyone stares at me.

'That sounds great!' Exclaims Michael.

'Shut up! Or we'll get eaten by the harpies you idiot!' Whispered one of the girls, but still using an intense tone. I've leaned that you don't need to talk loudly to effectively sound angry. Annabeth studies me. I guess she's used to being the one with the plan.

'Okay then. We'll use that.' I intensely study her facial expressions, scanning for anger in her. She looks skeptical, but not angry. She continues. 'I'll gather our best fighters tomorrow. Lij, do you have anyone you want to be in your backup squad?' She asks. I think. Aidan is in the Ares cabin. Kaelan is in the Hermes cabin. If he gets claimed at the campfire before capture the flag, then I might be able to get him. Then I know.

'Yes.' I state. 'Jamie from the Dionysus cabin and Michael.' Michael smiles.

'I've got your back Lij.' I get the feeling we're going to be friends. I could tell from the start.

'Well, it's sorted.' Annabeth says. 'Lij, get Jamie tomorrow. I think I'll get Jason from the Zeus cabin. We'll find some others. I REALLY want to take down Seaweed Brain.' I raise my eyebrows.

'Who's Seaweed Brain?' I ask Annabeth. She smiles.

'Percy. And he's going down. And not under the sea down, but down in the figurative term as in he's gonna lose.' Michael rolls his eyes.

'We knew that Annabeth.' He says.

'Whatever,' she says. 'Go to bed.' She walks to the bunk closest to the front of the room. I climb up onto my bunk and close my eyes.