Tourist

3rd Person POV

Tourist: a love song from Paris by Jon Cozart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a beautiful city for saps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<<< Flashback <<<

...please leave a message.
"Hey Kirstie, Umm... I know this is sudden but if you're not busy, maybe you can come to France with me next Tuesday. Only if you want to, of course."

Avi was heading out for Paris for a performance being a solo artist and he wants Kirstie to join him for a duet. Her voice would fit the part of Marisa perfectly since she could not go with him.

A text from Kirstie greeted Avi's face on the screen.

'Gonna check my sched.'

Maybe she's writing songs to put to her 2nd EP. He reached for his guitar but he only fumbled with the chords he wanted to play.

'I'm free. What time do we leave?" she sent him.

'6 am'

He was glad that he got her to going with him.

<<< End of Flashback <<<

'I'm really sorry I can't come. I have an appointment with the wedding planner. Maybe next time?"

How foolish of him. How could he not think of that. He could forget it easily. He could do it on his own as he knew for himself. He took the bread and broke it. His eyes stopped at the two glasses of red wine.

A knock was heard besides the light beeping of cars followed by a voice, "Monsieur Kaplan?"

He stood up from his fancy chair to the door.

"Someone is looking for you, she's waiting in the lobby,"

His eyes widened as his heart started to jump. Maybe Kirstie was late, maybe Marisa was able to go. Or maybe the man's mistaken for he was waiting on nobody. He nodded, 'Thank you'

He closed his door and followed the kind man.

It was his sister, Esther.

"Hey, I was told you're not with anyone so I decided to visit my baby brother?" Esther said, etching a big smile on her face. Her brother frowned.

He gave in to his sister and opened his arms wide, earning a hug.

"How is mom and dad doing?"

"Eh- They're doing good. They're with Cash and Grant yesterday."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, how about you? When is the show?"

"It's tonight."

"Nervous?"

Avi nods.

"I know you'll do good. Just calm your tits."

He superfrowned at his sister.

"Joking!"

"Are you going to watch?"

"Do you want me to?"

"No."

She superfrowned back.

"Joking!"

They laughed until Avi was called for soundcheck on a small theater in the side of Champs-Élysées. He had to get back to his hotel room to get his guitar.