A non love song

A non love song (from nashville) by Dodie Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back. It's time to go back where she was supposed to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He just asked her if she wanted to stay in his room.

"So it wouldn't cost you stuff, you know. My room has two beds."

She was ready to decline his offer but he's quite right.

She looked at her as if he was crazy but she doesn't mean it, what if something happens? Oh nothing will happen. We are just friends after all. She thought.

•••

She entered the room and immediately felt the romantic feeling the room gave. The walls are vanilla white, the red carpet, and the sweet sweet balcony caught her attention. But instead of looking at the beautiful surroundings, Avi was looking at the most remarkable scene—Kirstin with a big smile along with the City of Paris at night he views from the balcony.

"It's so beautiful!" Kirstin beamed.

"Stunning." Avi muttered without doubt. For he was gazing at a wonderful view indeed.

Until Kirstin met Avi's stare.

"I'm starving," Kirstie giggled, putting her suitcase beside her bed.

"Pizza?" Avi asked plopping down on the bed.

"It's Paris!" she chuckled. "Let's go somewhere!"

•••

They picked the dim lighted corner of the restaurant. Kirstie impatiently tapped her fingers on the table. Avi was bothered about it and pondered on what's going on in her mind.

She thinks that all they are doing is wrong. At least for her. Or is it something that her heart is telling her that she can't understand.

It could be the old and trashed feelings all coming back to her. She tried to brush it all off. A grown man searching for true love isn't a laughing matter for her. Seeing that he's still looking for someone. She isn't just the woman he's looking for, or maybe she wasn't enough for him to love her. She couldn't let the feelings get to her. It'll all just end in flames.

He held her hand to stop her fingers from tapping, giving her a worried look.

She stared almost like a glare to him. Realizing what she had done, she clasped her hands under the table and fiddled with her fingers, embarrased. The red tint barely visible on her cheeks because of the makeup she put.

"Are you okay?"

She already expected those words to come out of his mouth.

She looked up to meet his eyes and smiled like nothing happened.

"Yeah."

"Tired?"

"Yeah."

Someone served their order and quietly ate their meal.

•••

Kirstie climbed up on her bed with her pajamas on. She got her reading glasses from the table and pushed it on her face. It was time to go online.

The news was all over her twitter feed. "Pentatonix's Kirstin Maldonado split up with now ex-fiancé Jeremy Lewis?" Her message box was full of Scott, Mitch and Kevin's messages asking about it. She haven't told them yet because she was not ready to. They don't even know that she's in Paris with Avi.

That is why she got late for Avi and her performance. She had to meet up with their own wedding planner to cancel all of her plans, their plans that she and Jeremy made for the wedding. Maybe, just maybe, the plans might come in useful with the girl, Jeremy is with now.

Her eyelids are getting heavier and heavier on every word she read on the article. She laid her reading glasses on the table, along with her phone.

She glanced on her sleeping roommate. The blanket covered his waist and his beanie on top of his head. She assumed that he used it again to cover his eyes. She turned her night lantern off and lied her head on the soft pillow.

"Goodnight." she mumbled.

»»
A/N

Part Two!
So... Jodie (Jon and Dodie) did a video for this song. A non love song from nashville is tourist: a love song from Paris' countermelody! (media box)

So basically, Dodie recalls a relationship in which there was no direction and it was getting nowhere. This is a non love song indeed. So... she was stopping her feelings for someone because she knew it will just 'all end in flames'

I hope you like this! I love you all!

P.S. The last one I wrote got deleted and I was so pissed! but I managed to write it all again. I'm sorry if it sucks tho.

-Chloe