Absolutely Smitten

A/N
Thank you, Kate (kateKaplan101) for mentioning Halloween! (like really thanks, if it wasn't for you i would probably update this after a year lol) Here's a dodie-song themed one shot for this Halloween! 👻👻👻💀🐇🐲🐉

Absolutely Smitten by Dodie Clark

~~~~~~
But it's too late. She believes in fate. She's absolutely smitten. She'll never let you go.
~~~~~~

Kirstie didn't want this. She wanted to be in her room, with her door locked, probably watching Game Of Thrones. Blame her mom for making her babysit Gracie on halloween night. Halloween was her least favorite holiday.

Seven year old Gracie was practically dragging her sister in heels wearing a blue princess outfit, specifically Daenerys'. Kirstie rolled her eyes as her sister in a bunny costume gripped her hand tightly when they walked past a scary looking man. It didn't matter that no one recognized who she was supposed to be, she just wanted this to be over.

Kirstie finally saw her bestfriend's house, Mitch, from afar. Which means Gracie's candy basket will be full in no time. She bent down only to find a horrified child in a similar bunny costume her sister was wearing.

"I'm sorry," she let go, embarrased of herself as the unknown kid ran away from her until Kirstie can't see her.

Tears brimmed her eyes as she desperately searched for a child in a bunny costume. Her mom is going to kill her for sure.

A familiar cry echoed Kirstie's ear. Gracie. She rushed on the sidewalk, following the scream.

"Kirstie!" A child ran and instantly hugged Kirstie's waist.

"Gracie! Where were you? Oh my gosh! You got me really worried." She knelt down to hug her crying-hiccuping sister.

"Mon-Monster," Gracie stammered, clutching Kirstie's blue dress.

"Where?" she worriedly said and lifted her head up to find the 'monster' his sister saw.

"There." Gracie pointed to a realistic dragon costume not far from them, in fact it was getting closer. As soon as Gracie pointed up, she almost immediately buried her face on her sister's chest crying harder because she thought the 'monster' glared at her.

The supposedly 'monster' knelt beside them and apologized. "I'm sorry kid, I didn't mean to scare you."

Kirstie caressed her sister's hair as she whispered, "Hey, someone's saying sorry."

Gracie buried her face deeper. Kirstie looked up to see a Drogon costume with emerald green eyes.

"Oh my gosh." Kirstie mumbled audibly. She knew this isn't the time to fangirl but she can't help it. She stood up with her lips curled into a smile.

"Pwincess!" a young boy in a Jon Snow outfit appeared beside the dragon.

She must be dreaming!

The dragon took off his headwear revealing his face. He has a beard, same big green eyes as the costume, black shirt and brown locks tied up in a bun. She felt her insides melt upon seeing the man. She hopes she looks okay, her costume isn't much.

"Is she okay?" The dragon now man spoke, glancing behind Kirstie to find Gracie hidden behind her big sister. "I'm Avi, by the way." he reached his hand for a handshake with an inquiring look.

"She is now. I'm Kirstie. She's Gracie, my sister." Kirstie confirmed as she shook his hand, looking down at timid Gracie with tear stains and red puffy eyes. They both pulled back their hands.

"Pwincess!!" the young boy beamed, jumping up and down pointing to Kirstie which she found adorable, but a thought goes in to her mind.

"Is he your?"

"My nephew. Babysit." Avi explained making a disgusted face at the last part he said.

"Yeah, I know buddy-" Avi was stopped by when he suddenly bowed in front of them.

Kirstie giggled and tried to hide a blush when she curtsied. Avi put his hand behind his neck and averts his gaze on the beautiful girl in front of her.

"Yeah, I think she hates me so... please give this to her as my apology gift." he reaches his hand again, holding out 5 lollipops.

Gracie quickly snatched it away from his grasp and shoved them inside her basket.

"Tha...Thank you. I fowgive you, mister." She timidly said as she looked straight into Avi's eyes.

"Hey, buddy. Grandpa and Grandma might be looking for us," he whispered. "It's getting late too, so." he explained mostly to Kirstie.

"B-But Pwincess," he looked into Avi's eyes with big puppy pupils with a frown as he pointed at smiling Kirstie. Kirstie approached the smaller boy.

"I assure you we'll see each other again." Kirstie said as she glanced up to see Avi smiling.

"Pwomise?"

"Promise." Kirstie smiled genuinely at Avi and Grant. Kirstie somehow felt that she doesn't want this holiday to end at all.

"Can I see you again too? There's a new coffee shop on town and maybe we could go there sometime." Avi said, the last part almost inaudible.

"Yeah, sure. I'm free tomorrow." Kirstie beamed. She wished they could go now but they have kids to babysit. "Nice costume, by the way." she added.

"Thank you too." he smiled before asking for her number. They exchanged numbers as the two children gave them a disgusted look.

Grant pulled Avi's shirt with his free hand in tippy toes while rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. Avi wore his dragon head and used his dragon hand to wave goodbye at the two girls. They took different ways as Kirstie giggled to herself. Halloween is not bad after all.

A/N
HIIIIII!!!! (kirstie's costume and the song is on the media box if you wanna check it out :)) shoutout to the Game Of Thrones fans outthereeee.
So... The meaning of the song? Yeah...

Absolutely Smitten means inlove or very inlove. This is cute love song about a girl being so inlove with a boy.
'Now, this song is sort of an awkward pending relationship viewed from an outsider's/friend's point.'

Then you'll notice the change of pronouns in the song! Clever dodie.
The two characters in the song end up well (ithinkso).
Thats it! have you noticed the cover? yep. it cool right? lmao. my friend @christyjoy29 made it and she's taking requests!

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!!! (it's really fun to write this one)
I love you guys! <3 Happy late halloween! (next up: In The Middle by Dodie Clark (soon)
-C