The Land Beyond Humans

Asgard, Bifröst bridge / 7:10

You struggle to keep pace with Loki. His long legs can take way bigger steps than yours. Suddenly he stops. You breath heavily, almost panting.
"Why are we stopping?" you ask. He doesn't answer.
Instead he flicks his hand. Two beautiful horses appear on the bridge, both full in saddle. One is brown and the other is black. He grips you arm tight, and pulls you toward the brown horse.
"Get on" he commands. You can't actually do anything other than to obey. You walk to the left of the horse, and you try to get up. But you struggle with your long dress, it's really annoying. You grunt.
"Let me help you" Loki says. He sounds tender, almost like how he sounded when you weren't scared of him yet.

"Oh. My. God." You're on the phone with your mom. Loki looks up from his book.
"What is it (y/n)?" he asks.You shush him, waving you hand. He looks at you with great concern.
"Okay, I will." You say into the phone
"Bye" You hang up. Loki's big green eyes are full of concern. You let your phone fall onto the bed.
"He's dead" Your voice is barely a whisper. Loki comes closer. He grabs your hand, and kneels in front of you.
"Sorry?" His voice sounds tender and sweet. But you're still a bit in shock.
"He is dead" you say again. "That friend? From yesterday? He died..."
You can't believe it. You look up at the god. His caring look goes away, but only for a second or so. Then he pulls you into a tight hug. A tear starts to fall from your eye as you put your arms around him. The hug is warm, and comforting. But what you don't see are his eyes, that are stone-cold, and deep blue.

You're in galop. Thank god you got on horse-riding lessons when you were younger, otherwise this would have been a disaster. Your dress waves behind you in the wind, and the knot in you hair gets a bit looser. You look up at Loki. Even after all he has done, you still think he's beautiful. And the horse only makes it better. Princes always have a majestic horse. But he is no prince. He is a king, with a throne he desired for so long.
Your horses go slower, when finally they come to a stop. You know where you are. The palace. You remember Loki teasing you that if they got married, this would all be yours. But at the time you wasn't ready. That time came later. The big golden doors open as you two walk in. You're still baffled by the size of the building. It's bigger than anything on Earth, and also way more beautiful. No human has ever seen such beauty. Except for you. You look around, even after coming here so many times, still overwhelmed by it. Loki walks further, seeming not to care if you come along. He slips through an almost invisible door, a door that only you knew was there. And you know exactly what's behind it.
The place where it all started.