Chapter 10: Death

Yuki

I woke up and the sun was out. I rolled over and noticed Itachi was gone. I sighed, I wish I could pretend that last night didn't happen. But it did. Luckily we left Rozu with Grandma cat.

I laid in bed for awhile then I heard a knock on the door. "Yuki onee san, are you awake?" Sasuke said poking his head in.

I smiled. "You can come in Sasuke, I'm awake," I said. Sasuke smiled and ran in and then jumped on our bed.

"Onee san, mother said that I should check on you. She said that Itachi said that you may be sick. So she said something about 'the talk' and that I should make sure you're awake before she talks to you. And since you're awake I'm gonna go let her know." Sasuke said quickly. Then he ran out of the room.

I froze... 'The Talk..." Oh no.

~*~

"Well, that was awkward," I said to myself.

"What was awkward?" Itachi said walking into the room.

I turned redder than a tomato. "N-nothing."

He chuckled. But then he turned serious. "Are you ready for tonight?" He asked.

I nodded sadly. "I'm ready. But for now, why don't we go and hang out with Sasuke." He nodded.

We went downstairs and hanged out with the family. We decided to sit out on the porch when three members of the clan approached us.

I stood up. "Can I help you?" I asked them. They just ignored me.

"Itachi Uchiha?" One of them said.

Itachi came and stood next to me. "What can we help you with?" He asked.

They looked at me with distaste. "Not her. You on the other hand." Another said.

"Yuki is my wife. She is not leaving." Itachi said.

"Very well. Last night there was a meeting. There were two people missing from that meeting." The last one said.

"Why were you not there?" The first one asked.

Itachi remained silent. We both knew why he wasn't there last night. I went over and stood next to him.

"I understand that you have missions. And your father told us the same. But we will not treat you any differently." The other one said.

"I understand. It won't happen again." Itachi said.

I stood up. I had had enough. "Now please, leave," I said forcefully.

They glared at me. Apparently, they don't like me much. "There is another thing. It regards Shisui Uchiha. He was the other who wasn't at last nights meeting." The third one said.

"Shisui drowned. It appears to be suicide. He even left a note." The second one said.

"And us being the police, we investigated. This is the note as you can see, it appears he killed his sister before he drowned himself." The first one said.

I gasped because of the note, even if I did know truth, it didn't make it any easier. "Have you told their mother?" I asked.

They nodded. "Yes, she didn't handle it well. We told her as soon as we found the body. We checked in on her this morning..." The third said not finishing. 

"When we saw her. She was dead. Hanged herself." The first said. 

I gasped. I went over to Itachi and he hugged me close to him. I looked up at him. He nodded. "I'm sorry, but I need to be excused," I said.