17

Mom and Dad eventually got over the fact that Ron and I had slept together. Key word being eventually. Right now, I am sitting on the couch flipping through the TV channels. I heard the engine of Ron's truck and turned the TV off. The truck doors closed. Ron and Dad walked in the house with Ron carrying a yellow and red blanket.

"You wanted him, here he is.", Ron said and handed the blanket to me.

I took the blanket and looked inside. There he was. Rhyan as a baby. He was right in front of me and I still don't believe it. How in the world did he turn himself into a baby?

"Here. Orion packed everything he will need.", Dad said and handed me a bag full of bottles that contained bright blue liquid.

He turned back around and headed for the door.

"Is this it?", I asked, "Just bottles?"

"Oh, no. There's another bag full of bottles and a third that's full of clothes.", Dad said, my eyes widen and he smirked, "The joys of being a parent."

"Jesus.", I said, "Help me."

Ron snickered as he went up the steps, "Good luck!"

I smirked, "Did you forget he's sleeping in our room?"

"Frag!", he yelled as Dad walked back in with two more bags.

"Why'd Ron curse?", Dad asked.

"I reminded him that Rhyan is going to be sleeping in the room with us.", I answered, Dad laughed.

So, frag was a curse word? Interesting. I wonder what else is a curse word.....

I dig through the clothes bag after getting all three bags in my room. I felt something metal and pulled it out.

"Have fun with Rhyan.", Dad said and left.

"What in the world is this doing in here?", I asked, holding up a wrench.

"That's Rhyan's favorite tool.", Ron answered.

"Really? A wrench?", I asked, "Why?"

"He likes to throw it at people. Even as a grown man.", Ron said.

"Okay then. Won't be playing with that.", I said and put it back in the bag.

As soon as I put the wrench away, Rhyan started crying. I offered him a bottle, which he threw at Ron, started rocking him, he continued to cry, tried bouncing him and he threw up on me.

"Oh, yeah. Never bounce Rhyan. He hates it.", Ron said, I growled.

"You tell me that now?!", I asked, Ron laughed.

"Hey, it is kind of funny.", Ron said and I slowly I started laughing too.

When our laughter died down, I reluctantly pulled out the wrench and Rhyan stopped crying. I hesitantly handed the wrench to him and he started playing with it. I handed Rhyan to Ron.

"Take him for a second, would you?", I asked, "Thanks."

"What are you doing?", Ron asked.

"Going to change so I can wash this shirt.", I answered.

~~~~~~

Three and a half weeks later, Rhyan was finally back to himself. I watched as Orion drove off with Rhyan in his passenger seat. I leaned back into Ron and basically collapsed.

"Lori?", Ron asked, "You okay?"

"Never again.", I mumbled and yawned, "Back to bed for me."

I have hardly gotten any sleep these past few weeks. Dad came out of the house, a grin on his face.

"So, you ready for your own kids later on in the future?", he asked.

"Fuck you.", I said and yawned, "I am never having kids. They're too much work."

Dad laughed and walked back in the house. Ron followed, carrying me inside. I started drifting off to sleep.