TOGETHER AGAIN

The next morning I went to my work and do my usual routine. Then when I was about to go home I saw Nixon waiting for me at the lobby but I didn't stop walking then he notice me and follow me behind.

"Running away again?" He speaks

"No, I'm just going home" I respond

"I'll take you home then." He said, and then I stop walking

"You don't have too. I can manage" as said as I look at him

"I know you can Teylie and I want to do this too" then he smirk

"Whatever" I rolled eyes and he just laugh

Everyday that's our scenario, he'll wait for me at the lobby then we'll argue and in the end he'll won and drives me home. What happen two years ago feels like yesterday. We're civil now and we'll just talk about anything on the way home. But everyday I feel complete, I feel I belong here, I feel I belong to him.

It's my day off and I didn't tell him about it. I want to spend time with Amara today. We're at some mall shopping when I saw Nixon with that girl again. I feel my heart tightens. I feel like I was stabbed in the back.

What if he just wants revenge?

What if he just wants to hurt me?

What if he just wants to break me?

If he did, I know he'll win and I think I won't handle it like the first time.

After that I just went home because I didn't feel shopping anymore. I tuck Amara on the bed and lie beside her. I cry and hug, then we both fall asleep. When I woke up Amara isn't on the bed anymore so rise up and run to find her. Then I saw Aunty carrying Amara on her arms. I was worried for nothing. I can live without everyone but I can't live without Amara. She's my world now. I should just focus on her.

The next day I was working as usual, I'm drinking my coffee when someone knocks on my door.

"Come in.Yes?" I speak. "Ma'am someone wants to talk to you. He's one of our valued clients." My staff said. "Okay, I'll be there." Then I stand up and follow him. When we we're walking I know where we're going. He's smiling at me but I can't smile back the memory of yesterday is still new to me. We arrive at his table. "Ma'am this is Mr. Caelum one of our valued clients" I smileld. "Okay you can now go back to your work. Thank you" I respond and he nodded.

"Good morning Mr. Caelum, what do you want to talk about" a cold treatment is better right? "Common Teylie! What this all about? I didn't saw you yesterday they said that it's your day off" He said. "Why didn't you tell me?" he added. "I'm sorry Mr. Caelum I can't talk about my personal life here. As you can see I'm working here. If you want to talk about my life and not about the business, sorry I can't talk to you. I'll go back to work. Have a nice day. Thank you." I said while looking at him. He's shock about what I said. Before he can even respond I stand up and leave him there. It's easier this way.

On my way home I didn't saw him in the lobby. Maybe he's tired of me. This is what I want right? Or maybe he's with that girl. My heart sunk at that thought. I went to the parking lot and then I saw Nixon waiting in front of my car. When he notice me he look at me straight to the eye. I avoid his gaze I can't stand his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "Waiting for you?" He answers. "I can now talk to you about your life right? Your work done." He added and I just look at him before I speak .

"Nixon what do you want? Revenge?" I asks.

He's shock "What do you mean?"

"Let's stop this okay? You want revenge? You win! If you want to see me hurt, you win! Cause I'm already hurting!" he didn't react he just wait for me to finish. "Seeing you with another woman break me to pieces. Are you happy now?" I said without pause and look at him. "So, please stop this" I plead

"Are you done?" he asks. "Why are you always assuming things? It won't hurt if you ask Teylie." He added. "Why are you always deciding on your own? You didn't even think what would I feel when you left me!" He pause "The woman you're saying? She's my cousin! Ask me, I'll answer everything just please stop assuming things. I'll wait for you. Always." I'm about to speak when my phone rang. It's Aunty!

"Hello Aunty?" I answer the phone. "I'm at the hospital; Amara is in emergency room right now." She said I think my world crumble. "What? Why? I'll be there!" then I hung up. I was trembling and crying when I was searching for my key. I can't concentrate. "I'll drive you anywhere. Where do you want?" Nixon speaks while holding me. I almost forget that he's here. I can't look at him properly. "St. Lukes." He just nodded and opens his car for me. He just drive and didn't ask me anything. I also didn't speak my mind is wandering about Amara. I can't think of anything else.

When we arrive I don't know what to do. I search for Aunty Layla but I can't find her. I feel Nixon get my phone and dialled someone.

"Room 217." I think he called Aunty I didn't think about it. I run to her room. When I arrive I saw her sleeping peacefully. I sigh when Aunty smile. "What happen?" I ask, I fell Nixon behind me. I went to Amara and hold her hand. "She has a high fever this morning." She said. "Then why didn't you tell me? You should just text me" I respond. "I thought that it will not last but late this afternoon she convulsion. I'm sorry" She apologized. "It's okay Aunty but please next time even if it just a cold. Please text me alright?" I ask and she nodded. Then I feel someone watching me, watching us. My God! I forgot that Nixon is here! He's staring at Amara! The Aunty speaks "I will leave you two here to talk." I nodded.

Nixon didn't talk he just stare at me and Amara. By now I know that he already knew. "You can hold her hand" I smile at him. Then he walks towards us and hold Amara's hand.

"What is her name?" he asks. "Nicka Amara Vela" I respond. Then he look at me with pain in his eyes. I know that he's hurt right now.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He ask. "The moment you came back. Why?" he added.

"I thought that you already moved on with your life. I can't ruin you again. I won't be a burden to you." I said while looking at Amara.

"You'll never be a burden to me. You're my life Teylie. The two of you are." He said. "You didn't even give her my name" He said. "Now, I really won't you let go." He added. I know from this moment on he really won't leave me, us alone.

After a while Amara wake up. "Hi baby, Are you alright?" I hug and kiss her. "Amara say hi to your daddy" I said while looking at Nixon. He's eyes are getting watery but he stop it and hug us. After Amara get discharge Nixon is always on our house. While Nixon's playing with her Aunty talks to me.

"Your parents must be happy right now." She smiles at me and I smile back.

"You both deserve to be happy. You should choose your family over anything. Money can't buy it." I nodded and smile "Thank you Aunty"

Maybe Aunty Layla's right. I should love him with all I've got without "what if's" His father didn't even want to ruin my family. I should just move on with my life.

He surprises me with in his condo in candlelight dinner. He cooked for me. We just talk about Amara all night. When I tell him I need to go home he kneels in front of me and I just cry then he speaks.

"Teylie Amaris Vela, Please stop running away from me and marry me" I didn't respond and just cry.

"Babe, Will you marry me?" he repeated. I nodded and say

"Yes!" He put the ring in my finger and stands up. He kiss me and smile.

I should stop thinking about me being alone because the moment he entered my life, I've never been alone. He's always there. He's the light that glows in my dark life. I should stop thinking the "what if's" and regret it afterwards because this time I won't let it stop me, I will choose him and I will choose us.