Chapter #7: Sin

(WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTION OF BRUTAL RAPE. READ AS FAR AS YOU CAN BUT BY ALL MEANS STOP OR DON'T READ IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE IT. I WILL PUT A LINE IN THE PAGE WHEN YOU ARE PAST THE SCENE. PROCEED WITH CAUTION, THANK YOU)
♡-Katie-♡

I stood in my bedroom staring at Malachai, who had slammed the door closed when I'd run inside. He held my gaze, a smirk appearing on his face.

    "Malachai, thank god! You have to help me, my grandparents are dead! These kids....they killed them! Slit their throats and left them to bleed out! Joseph is out there dead as well, I think they killed him too!" I rambled. Malachai listened intently, but the smirk never left his face. He began taking slow steps toward me.

    "How tragic. What makes you think they did it?" Malachai asked, not a flick of sympathy in his voice.

    "They all have weapons, and they chased me with them when I discovered their bodies." I pouted.

Malachai gripped the hilt of his knife now.

    "We all carry weapons, Sam. But that doesn't mean it was them that killed your grandparents." He spoke.

    "What do you mean? If they didn't...then who did?" I questioned shakily.

Nervously, I watched as Malachai unsheethed his knife, gasping when I saw the fresh blood on it.

    "I did." He admitted proudly.

My breathing caught in my throat. No...it couldn't be...

Malachai had murdered my grandparents....and his knife was the one from my first nightmare. He was the silhouette. I could feel my insides starting to crumble, tears pooled in my eyes and a few fell down my cheeks.

    "Malachai....why?" I asked, choking back tears.

    "It's as it is written. They were non-believers. And He Who Walks Behind the Rows has no room, no patience and no mercy for those who do not follow his word." He responded maliciously.

Oh God...he said it. It is a part of their religion....I felt as if I could throw up.

    "Issac is the one he speaks to, he is his messenger." Malachai continued.

I glared at him, breathing staggered.

    "And did he tell you to do this?" I growled.

    "He didn't have to. For I know that any adult in which we have an agreement with, lives on our orders. And Joan and Thomas went against them, so it was then that they had to pay the price." Malachai informed.

    "What do you mean?" I inquired.

    "We had made a bargain with them that we would spare their lives if we could use their chickens and cow for food and drink. But if they went against our word of telling any outlander about us, they would have to give up their lives to him." Malachai ranted.

I looked down at the floor, again, this was my fault. I should've never asked my grandparents about Malachai or other kids.....

    "So are you here to finish me off too?" I sulked, almost welcoming the thought.

    "No. You see, He Who Walks Behind the Rows has ordered something more of us. He has requested that we begin to reproduce." Malachai answered.

It took me a few seconds to comprehend what he'd just said, but when the realization hit me, my head snapped up and I met his gaze. His eyes were filled with something new now.....Lust, greed, a look the devil might have when he had you right where he wanted you. And right now I was right where Malachai wanted me.....