Episode 13: I Dare You.

~Sydney~ 

I sighed as I entered the gym watching as a group of Cheerios try to get the routine that we've been working on down but failing. I threw my bag down on the bleachers along with my water bottle before turning to watch the girls as I threw my hair up into a high pony. More Cheerios began to file into the gym, setting their things down before joining the group of girls. I clapped my hands once making them all turn to look at me falling silent. 

"Ladies, we have a competition coming up and one of the opposing teams has been talking shit about us," I said making all of the Cheerios look around at each other looking angry. "They say that we lack the fire and appeal that it takes to be winners which is why our team was disbanded, we all know that isn't true but they don't. Yesterday, Mia sent me this video." I pointed to the projector that was in the middle of the gym before snapping my fingers making the lights go out just in time for Dustin to walk in. Cheerleaders dressed in black and white cheer uniforms that read 'Panthers' across it appeared on the screen with their arms crossed. 

"A little birdy told me that the McKinley Cheerios were back," The snooty looking cheerleader with light brown hair spoke up with a smirk on her face. "We just wanted to send a little message out to them. You're not at the top anymore. You lack what it takes to be the best of the best, let's be honest. Once that Quinn Fabrey left and Roz took over, the Cheerios have just been heading downhill. After a year and a half of not being a team, you're going to be rusty and your moves will be outdated." The snooty cheerleaded stepped closer to the camera a smirk on her face. "We're the top now and we aren't going down without a fight." Music started playing and the cheerleader sent the camera a smirk before backflipping into a stunt where she was twisted into a one person full. The boy holding her up popped his arm up pushing her up into a spin where she was cradled then thrown into another stunt. More cheerleaders ran into the camera view and started a sharp routine with impressive stunts and moves. Once the routine was over the cheerleader walked into the middle of the group with a smug look on her face. "See you at the competition." 

The film cut off and I snapped my fingers once again turning the lights back on. A group of tech kids came out and quickly removed the projector and equipment. I watched at my Cheerios exchanged nervous glances making me frown. They're worried when they shouldn't be. 

"How does that make you feel?" I asked examining the Cheerios as they all looked at each other. No one said anything for a good two minutes, they just looked at each other before one of my girls spoke up. 

"Determined." She said making me smile brightly at her. The Cheerios shouted agreements making me proud. 

"I can't express how proud I am that you guys feel that way. Two years ago, this would've shaken our team down to the core, now? It just gives us more power and determination to beat them." I said making them cheer. I laughed before clapping my hands once more catching their attention. I turned to Dustin who was sitting in the bleachers smiling at the team. "Shall we get to work, Coach?" Dustin smiled brightly before nodding his head eagerly. 

"Let's win this thing." Dustin said making us all shout out cheers and 'hell yeah's. Bring it Panthers. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Four weeks later here we are standing on the sidelines of the court watching as the Panthers killed their routine. I glanced over at my team expecting to see frightened looks, what I found made me smile. They weren't even fazed, they had determined looks on their faces. A group was stretching in the back with their varsity jackets on that we wear when we go to competitions. I heard a bunch of clapping and cheering snapping me out of my thoughts. I watched as the Panthers hit the crowd before heading off stage and over to us. I caught sight of the Glee club and Shawn sitting in the bleachers. Shawn was surrounded by the guys to make sure that no one gets to him making me stifle a laugh. My vision was blocked by brown hair in a high pony. There in front of me stood the snooty cheerleader from the video. 

"Hello there, Cheerios." She greeted looking disgusted. "I was surprised to hear that you were competing, I was expecting you to drop out." I heard footsteps letting me know that my team was standing behind me. 

"I would watch yourself, little miss pissy." Bree sneered glaring at her with fire in her eyes. The snooty cheerleader scoffed flipping her ponytail over her shoulder. 

"You guys are nothing now, no one even remembers when you last performed." She snarled her glare hard as she looked at me. 

"I guess we will let the judges decide, won't we?" I said before brushing past her and unzipping my jacket to reveal our new cheer uniforms. I could hear my team doing the same before the lights went out and we got into our places. The announcer introduced us before a projector appeared with numbers counting down before a clip of the Panthers challenging us popped onto the screen sounding scratchy before it faded away looking as if it were being burned. The music started playing and the spotlight lit up on me making the crowd cheer at the sight of our new uniforms. 

Sydney: "I don't like your little games Don't like your tilted stage The role you made me play Of the fool, no, I don't like you. I don't like your perfect crime How you laugh when you lie You said the gun was mine Isn't cool, no, I don't like you (oh!)." 

I clapped my hands sharply making more lights come on as the Cheerios moved into the routine perfectly. I did a backflip over one of the girls as she went into the splits. I landed making the crowd go wild. I caught sight of the Panthers watching us from the sidelines giving me more power. 

Sydney: "But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!" 

As the chorus started playing the Cheerios joined me in on singing so that I could stop to do the move I've been working on with a group of my girls. My group moved to the center in a perfect line before crouching and throwing ourselves back into a backflip then rolling out of it and going into a front walkover before quickly doing a sideways spiral flip landing perfectly in sync. The crowd went wild as I rejoined my team in singing and doing our routine. 

Cheerios: "Ooh, look what you made me do Look what you made me do Look what you just made me do Look what you just made me Ooh, look what you made me do Look what you made me do Look what you just made me do Look what you just made me do." 

Sydney: "I don't like your kingdom keys They once belonged to me You ask me for a place to sleep Locked me out and threw a feast (Mia: what?)" 

I locked eyes with the snooty cheerleader as my team threw me into a stunt perfectly before I spiraled out of it landing in a cradle. Mia, Bree, and Kitty made their way over to me as we danced through our moves. 

Sydney and Mia: "The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama But not for me, not for me, all I think about is karma And then the world moves on, but one thing's for sure Maybe I got mine, but you'll all get yours!" 

We both backflipped into a stunt where we were basket tossed across from each other doing a spiral in the process. I landed and pretended to pick up a phone where I continued with the dialogue.  

Sydney: "I'm sorry, the old Cheerios can't come to the phone right now"..... "Why?"...... "Oh, 'cause they're dead!" (Cheerios: oh!)"  

We went back into the chorus doing our routine perfectly. I did a front walkover landing between Kitty and Mia where we started our dance routine before the three of us did a backflip in perfect sync. We finished the song with the Cheerios around Mia, Kitty, Bree, and I throwing themselves onto the ground dramatically. The projector showing a logo I designed for the Cheerios which is a cursive capital 'C' with a rugged crown resting on top of it.  The crowd cheered, Shawn and the New Directions being the loudest making us laugh as we hit the crowd before walking off stage. Mia walked up next to me with a big smile on her face. 

"We are SO gonna win this!" She exclaimed sending the Cheerios into a frenzy, excitement was written all over their faces. This is my team, the bubbly, determined, feisty, lot they are. Not those lies that the Panthers claimed we were. Challenge us, I dare you.