Episode 14: Sectional That Down.

~Sydney~ 

Sectionals. Weeks of preparation and dedication have lead to this moment. I stood in the dance studio that we've transformed into the girl's changing rooms pacing back and forth playing through the movements and lyrics. This is my senior year, I can't mess this up. I don't get another chance at this. This is it. Everything comes down to right now. It's crazy how you forget how fast time moves until it comes down to your last couple moments such as your last homecoming or last high school football game. God, after this year I'm going to be going off and doing my own thing. What is my own thing? I've dedicated everything to Glee Club and Cheerios.....what do I have after this? 

"Sydney!" My thoughts were interrupted by my best friend calling my name. I turned around to find Mia standing there in our outfit holding mine in her arms looking at me expectantly. "Are you going to get ready or just stand there and stare off into space?" She joked with a smile on her face. I smiled at my best friend before looking down. "What's wrong?" 

"This is our last Sectionals. The last time we fight for our spot at Regionals. Hell, this is our last year as New Directions or at the school period." I said looking up at Mia who smiled at me sadly. She set my dress down on a nearby chair before walking over to me. She rested her hands on my shoulders making me look her in her piercing blue eyes. 

"Then we better kick ass and make this our best performance," Mia said making me smile. She pulled me into a hug to which I happily complied. "Hey, aren't you the one usually giving pep talks?" Mia joked making both of us crack up. Once we were done laughing she picked up my dress and handed it to me. "Now get ready, popstar. Your fans are waiting."  As I got ready I thought back to my first Sectionals with the team, it wasn't my sophomore year because I joined late, but it was just last year and it feels like forever ago.....

"So....." Kitty said looking at me expectantly. I looked at her confused. "What did that lady want?" I looked over at Mr. Shue to find him smiling at me proudly. I looked around the room and saw that most of the alumni had come back for Sectionals. The only ones missing were Tina, Blaine, Artie, and Brittany.

"She was a representative..." I began trailing off for dramatic effect. I looked over to see Rachel and Finn looking at me with smiles on their faces. "From SYCO Records....I'M THEIR NEWEST CLIENT!" I exclaimed. Everyone cheered and jumped up and down before running over to me and pulling me into a big group hug.

I smiled at the memory looking at myself in the mirror. I look so different than I did last year. I don't know what it is. Maybe my confidence has improved? All I know is that I couldn't have gotten to where I am now if it wasn't for the New Directions. They supported me in everything no matter what. They were all genuinely happy for me when I got signed to SYCO Records even though some of them would kill to be in my position. I looked at myself one last time before giving myself a nod of approval as if the old me was staring back at me in the mirror. I turned on my heel and headed out of the dance studio and to the choir room where I found my team joking around all smiles. This is my family and I couldn't ask for a better one. Ryder noticed me standing off to the side of the room and motioned for me to go over to him. I smiled before heading his way. The rest of the time we had was spent talking and joking around until the lights flickered letting us know we had five minutes. I glanced at Mia who smiled brightly and nodded before we headed into the auditorium. We got into our spots on the stage and I glanced up at Jake who was standing next to me his arm around my waist waiting for the music to start. He smiled at me brightly making me blush but I was cut off by the sound of the music. It's time. 

Sydney: "You know, I've been taking some time And I've been keeping to myself (self) I had my eyes up on the prize Ain't watching anybody else." 

I danced away from Jake as if I were playing hard to get. I put my hands on my hips in a sassy yet bored manner. It was absolutely silent in the room as everyone watched Jake and I perform. I looked away from Jake just like we practiced as his line came up.  

Jake: "But your love, it hit me hard, girl Yeah, you're bad for my health I love the cards, that I've been dealt Do you feel the same as well?" 

Jake danced over to me pretending to grab my attention and make me dance close to him. I got ready to throw some mad shade, ironically enough Jesse Saint James sat in the audience along with Tristan their eyes glued on me as I danced. 

Sydney: "You know, I used to be in VA (now I'm out, free) People want me for one thing (that's not me)." 

Jake: "I'm not changing, the way, that I (used to be) I just wanna have fun and (get rowdy)." 

More team members danced out and joined us in pairs. Jake and I moved to the music in perfect sync, neither of us missing a beat as we danced. 

New Directions: "One Coke and Bacardi (sippin' lightly) When I walk inside the party (girls on me) F1 type Ferrari (6 gear speed) Girl, I love it when your body (grinds on me) Oh yeah." 

We all danced in sync to the music catching the attention of everyone in the room. The girls all headed towards the front of the stage as we danced. The chorus hit as us girls slid off the stage and into the crowd dancing between seats as the guys sang. 

Boys: "You know, I love it, when the music's loud But c'mon, strip that down for me, baby Now there's a lot of people in the crowd But only you can dance with me So put your hands on my body And swing that round for me, baby (swing) You know, I love it when the music's loud But c'mon, strip that down for me (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah) Oh, strip that down, girl Love when you hit the ground, girl (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah) Oh, strip that down, girl Love, when you hit the ground." 

I made my way over to Tristan and Jesse with Mia, Kitty, and Bree trailing behind me. We danced around them showing them that they can't shake us. Tristan looked like he was enjoying our performance while Jesse looked amused. We walked away from them as the next verse started Taylor and Tyler taking the lead up on stage drawing the girls in the audience's attention towards them as they sang. 

Taylor: "You know, that since the day I met you Yeah, you swept me off my feet You know, that I don't need no money When your love is beside me." 

Tyler: "Yeah, you opened up my heart And then you threw away the key Girl, now it's just you and me And you don't care 'bout where I've been." 

I drew everyone's attention back to me when I started singing once again. I danced back towards the stage pretending to flirt with boys as I passed them. 

Sydney: "You know, I used to be in VA (now I'm out, free) People want me for one thing (that's not me)."

Jake: "I'm not changing, the way, that I (used to be) I just wanna have fun and (get rowdy)." 

New Directions: "One Coke and Bacardi (sippin' lightly) When I walk inside the party (girls on me) F1 type Ferrari (6 gear speed) Girl, I love it when your body (grinds on me) Oh yeah."

The girls made their way back to the stage as they sang. We then pretended to push the guys away to get the spotlight as we took over singing. 

Girls: "You know, I love it, when the music's loud But c'mon, strip that down for me, baby Now there's a lot of people in the crowd But only you can dance with me So put your hands on my body And swing that round for me, baby (yeah) You know, I love it when the music's loud But c'mon, strip that down for me (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)." 

The girls stuck a pose while the guys pretended to look bored and the crowd went wild. That's one way to show that the New Directions are back. Shit. I'm up.