Chapter 13

Second to last chapter! This chapter is A LOT  happier than the last one. I have the last chapter written and saved in my drafts but I'm going to hold off uploading it until I finish the first 2 chapters of my new fic so I can shamelessly self-promote myself. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

Phil

"Sorry." he replies. "I was just lost in a memory."

I think he realizes I was about to ask him something as he turns back to me, giving me his undivided attention.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come back to my room." I ask and then realize how presumptuous that sounds.

Dan looks at me warily, as if he's weighing his options.

"No!" I hurry to clarify. "I don't mean it like that. I....uh... I just mean. I don't know. Maybe you'd like to watch a movie or something?"

A smile appears on Dan's face, and the knots that have formed in my stomach loosen up. He nods his head and wipes away the crumbs that have fallen on the table.

"I would really like that."

The heat that builds up in my stomach is only eclipsed by the nerves snaking through me at thought of Dan in my room. In my haste to stand up, I knock over my coffee, the remnants splashing across the table onto Dan's shirt.

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry."

But Dan's already waving me off.

"It's fine, Phil. Really, it is. I get worse spilled on me at work all day."

He really does seem okay with it, but I still can't help feeling awful as  I watch the light brown liquid refuse to come out. I'm still beating myself up over it when we reach my room. I immediately walk over to my closet and pull out one of the clean shirts hanging from within.

"Here, please." I say as I hand him the shirt. "I insist."

Our fingers brush and he takes the shirt from me, and I wonder if it would be strange to let them linger a bit longer. When I feel Dan's pinkie rub against mine, I decide he's ok with it, even if it's potentially awkward for him to wear my clothes when we've only just met today.

I watch as Dan hold up the shirt to check it out, and I swear he lifts it up to his face to sniff it. I can't help but smile at the sight.

"There's a bathroom right through..." I start to point out where, but Dan is two steps ahead of me, and all I see is the door closing shut.

While he's in there changing, I pace around the room nervously. Dan seems almost eerily calm, which should calm me down, yet I can't help but feel ramped up around him. I do a double check to make sure there are no dirty clothes laying around or something out of place, but the room looks like its usual neat and boring space..

I pale at the thought.

What if Dan think I'm too boring? I didn't give him much information about myself over coffee, yet that didn't seem to deter him. To be honest, even if he hadn't spent most of the time talking about his work and interests, I would have still been intrigued with him. Out of the corner of my eye I spy my notebook, and a subconscious pull inside of me cries out for me to write something down, out of fear that I'll forget. I grab a pen and jot it down haphazardly before hearing a lock click. Without bothering to reread what I wrote, I toss the notebook on the table before turning around.

That invisible thread that seems to tie me to him sparks back to light as soon as the bathroom door opens. Dan's standing there wearing my button-down shirt and boxers.

Only my button-down shirt and boxers.

I gulp and take a step back. I bump into something hard, not realizing the cough is right behind me. I lose my balance and stumble backwards onto it.

"My pants must have gotten coffee on them as well. They were all wet and stuff," he tries to explain before averting his eyes from me. 

I gape at him, wide-eyed, not sure what to say. All of the sudden I feel like a fifteen year old boy and I just can't seem to tear my eyes away from him.

"Shit! It was too soon. Fuck!" Dan mumbles to himself, but I can still hear him.

"No,it's...okay. I mean, are...um....are you okay?" I ask, unsure about what he's talking about.

I feel like I must have been a world class flirt in another life to get saddled with this sort of verbal clumsiness now. Dan's cheeks are flushed as he looks at me.

"Are....you okay?" he asks, and I can't help but chuckle at his words.

I sit down on the couch and pat the cushion next to me, hoping like hell that he'll indulge me. Truth be told I have no clue what I am. My body is responding to Dan fiercely while my mind is swirling with thoughts and emotion.... some I can't even pinpoint.

"I have no idea." I say with a laugh as I shake my head. "Maybe? I just.."

I trail off, not really able to put together a cohesive thought as Dan flips down next to me.

"You're fucking gorgeous."

The words spill from my mouth before I can stops them, and my eyes widen at the unfamiliar cursing coming from me.

"I mean....I..."

Dan's blush deepens, but he doesn't look upset. I take that as my cue to keep talking ,spilling whatever is on my mind.

"Fuck it, that's what I meant. You look beautiful, Dan."

I expect Dan to smile or blush some more. What I didn't expect is for him to grab me in an extremely tight hug and bury his face in my chest. I can feel him mumble against me, but I have no idea what he's saying, so I just hold him tight until he's ready to sit back up. When he does, he's not just sitting not just next to me but almost on top of me. The proximity is making it hard to concentrate on anything he says, but I do my best.

"Thank you." he whispers, and I notice that his eyes are bright and shiny with tears, yet he doesn't look upset at all.

My hand comes up as my thumb almost reflexively brushes against his cheek. I lean forward just enough so our heads are touching, and I brush my lips gently against his. Pausing, I take in the moment of our first kiss. Only, it feels like our thousandth kiss, his lips familiar and warm under mine. This feeling spurs me on, making me crave his lips. I push back for another, deeper kiss.

Dan meets mine for reach one, his fists grabbing my shirt, pulling me closer. My lips capture his once more before moving on to explore the rest of his skin- his cheeks, his jaw, his nose, his throat. Each new nit is sweeter than the last, and hearing his soft moan as I nip at him makes my heart clench until it hurts. Gentlemanly thoughts rise up, making me wonder why Dan's not stopping.... Why he seems more than okay with this progressing so far. Yet I fear that if I question his apparent willingness he will stop.

The internal struggle eats away at me until I feel Dan's lips tease my ear lobe. How does he know that it's one of my favorite spots? His tongue flicks out and I hold back a groan. At the point, any nerves, fear or questioning gets pushed further from my mind as Dan's teeth tug at my ear, this time causing me to shudder.

There's no way I can stop now.

It feels too damn good.

"I...I.. wow."

Again, I congratulate myself on my slick handing of the English language. Dan giggles and then pulls me in for another hug. I kick off my shoes and look over at the bed. For any other couple this might seem way too fast, but something about being here, like this, with Dan feels right. It seems natural to plunge ahead and ask him what I'm thinking.

"Do you want to..?"

I don't need to ask twice, as Dan stands up and allows to me lead him to my bed. I shut off the lights and we crawl under the covers, holding each other tight.

--------------------------------------

Haha no smut in this fic. Sorry all