Chapter 4

I stood by the room watching the students walk out one by one from the class wondering if she's coming or not and I had this feeling that she won't I mean why would she waste her time meeting an awkward guy like me it felt really sad to be honest.

I was losing hope but then she showed up jogging to my direction and now she has her plaided flannel shirt wrapped around her waist and she's only wearing a grey colored sleeveless top that exposes her average sized body and small sized breasts which looks attractive in my opinion.

"Hey Lipe I'm very sorry I'm late I had to attend this meeting with the SSC and the Senior High School heads." She explained.

"It's fine no need to explain I'm glad that you came." I said.

"So let's go?" She asked me, and then we walked side by side.

She's carrying a bag that looks heavy so as a gentleman I offered her to carry it for her and she agreed and gave me the bag and then she thanked me, a warm thank you.

"So what is your position in the Student Council?" I asked her, assuming that she holds a position.

"I am actually the President of the Student Council I was elected as the President last year when we were juniors."

"And you just enrolled this year right?" She added.

I nodded, "Yeah I just moved in from Los Angeles."

We walked side by side as we walk out of the campus and it felt good and I felt happy. For a President she does not appeal to me as a famous person unlike Jesse who literally knows everyone who passes by in the hallway.

I do not know where to go and what to do if only I knew things around here then I would have taken her into my favorite eating place, or my favorite chilling spot. We were awkwardly quiet as we walk by the sidewalk away from the Campus.

"So do you know a nice place that we could go to? I'm pretty new and I don't know anything about this place so..."

"Yeah I know a nice place." She told me, and we stopped by the corner and waited until a Jeepney stops in front of us.

This is the actual first time that I'm reading a Jeep apparently a Jeep in the Philippines is some sort of public transportation vehicle like a super Mini Bus that takes you into destinations and you have to only pay several cents which is a unique thing that this country have.

I'm happy that I'm with her, her aura is so contagious the way she smiles, her voice and her mannerisms like when ever she looks at me she bites her lips and then she'll smile it's really intoxicating. We stopped in front of a Church, and in front of the Church is a huge plaza.

We slowly walked into the plaza on the middle there's a huge beautiful fountain that squirts colorful water that are colored through the use of light and the place is also surrounded with stalls that sells native Filipino desserts that you could only find here in this country. There is also a coffee shop that has no interior but it is situated on the plaza outside at the open which is a very good idea.

We sat at one of the table and then a waiter came to us he's young and his hair is curly he asked us what drink do we want I said I want a simple espresso and Nera wants a caffe late. The atmosphere here is really good you could watch the kids play all day, different faces walking around talking and laughing having fun and the beautiful Church and it's loud bells indicating that there's a mass on going, or there will be one.

"This place is very beautiful." I said.

She looked at me with a beautiful smile on her face, "This the first time that a guy appreciated this place I'm glad that you like it."

"My exes never appreciated the fact that I love this place they prefer taking me to Starbucks, parties or they have always said I'm way too boring, or plain." She added.

The coffee that we ordered arrives Nera stopped talking while the waiter slowly puts the coffee that we ordered on our table. We both thanked him and left us right after I took a sip from the coffee and to my surprise it actually taste good and this taste is extremely new despite the fact that I'm a coffee junkie.

"I don't think you're boring, or plain. As a matter of fact I think you're special." I said.

She bit her lip again, and then she moved an escaping thread of her hair from her face tucking it behind her ear and then she smiles at me again.

"Do you know my cousin? Jesse, Jesse Princess Gonzales." I asked her.

She looked away, and it took a while before she answers and she shook her head slowly and suspiciously.

"I know her she probably was my ex classmate who knows but I'm not close with her." She said.

"It's funny because she thought you had a boyfriend." I continued.

She did not answer instead she changed the topic and we began talking about other things mostly about her because she did the talking and I just nodded and agreed on the things she says and to be honest I don't even understand some of the things she says or mentions but what's important for me is that she's right here in front of me talking and I can see her smile and hear her voice.

"Do you like philosophy?" I asked her.

"I love philosophy! As a matter of fact I'm planning to take a philosophy degree after we graduate."

"Who's your favorite?" I asked her.

"I love Albert Camus, he's an existentialist and I love his ideas like about the absurdity."

I nodded and I felt like I'm being overwhelmed because she's too smart and I just began to appreciate philosophy.

"What is absurdity? I mean I know what absurd is though because I experienced a lot of absurd shit in my life." I said and then we laughed together.

"No no no it's not like that. For Albert Camus he believes that the world is absurd that there's no point in knowing the truth because the world is so vast and infinite--"

I cut her off, "So in other words he thinks that we should just-"

She cut me off as well, "No, no. He believes that the world is vast and infinite so as human beings we must embrace this idea and accept it then we find our essence our purpose and then we stick to that purpose until our death and that's the only time where we can realize if weare right or wrong."

I nodded, "That sounds interesting."

"I swear it is and I will give you an interesting book it's entitled The strangers I'm sure as hell that you would love the book." She said her face glowing with enthusiasm.

"Are you an atheist?" She asked me.

I wanted to say no because I'm afraid that she's probably a conservative but I also wanted to stay honest as much as possible so I said yes.

"Perfect, then this book is right for you and don't worry I am an Atheist as well."

We stayed at the plaza and talked about a lot of things I discovered a lot about her that she's not that rich and she's enrolled in St Catherine because she's a scholar and also that she's smart and secretly a nerd but she doesn't want to show everyone her nerdy side because they might bully her.

She also go to parties but different parties and with different people and she offered me to come sometimes if I'm down and I tried asking if I could take Jesse and her friends with me but she avoided the question which made me realize there's something wrong between her and Jesse.