Late Memories

Authors Note: I will only be updating this until its done. Its 4 more chapters. It goes til ten. So I can focus on pushing up Cartina Peace to be updating with Still The GOAT. Yes, Still the GOAT has about 4 chapters written but I am
planning something so you guys have to wait. Same message will be posted on my wall.

Chapter 6: Late Memories.

.:|Gio|:.

"Hey, we are doing a pumpkin carving competition on Halloween Eve tomorrow. Here is a flyer--" The mixed girl handed me a flyer and before continuing, "The winner gets a flight for two to The Maldives. 5 nights at the Ritz. 2 complimentary spa days for Christmas this year." I gave her a fake smile before walking off and rushing over to the Communication Building to the school paper office. We got a meeting that started 5 minutes ago. I walked into the office and opened the door and it slammed behind me. The whole
office looked over at me.

The President, Helda Smith, of the paper spoke to me, "Giovanni, its nice of you to join us. Being that you walked in last you have to do the Lori Coleman memorial section. Her Dad returns to work next week and he always read the paper and seeing all nice things about his daughter will be nice. Make it nice. Talk to Ryce. He has names of her friends on campus. I need the section by Sunday. Thanks." I exhaled and rolled my eyes. I walked over and sat down at my desk. After the meeting I headed over to Ryce to get the list of people. I knocke at his office door.

"Come in." I heard him say. I walked in and he placed his index finger over his mouth and mouthed for me to wait. I quickly took a seat and waited. Ryce Ducati is the Assistant of Helda. He laughed out loud and slapped the desk while enjoying his conversation as if he didnt see me here. I took a deep breath and he finally rushed whoever was on the other line off.

"What can I do for you, Tio?" He asked.

"Its Gio. And Im here for the list of people to interview for the Lori memorial section--" He cut me off and said, "Ohhh you got stuck with that? Ouch. Here is the list." He went thru the papers on his desk and then handed me a postage note.

"Their dorm numbers are on it as well." He told me. I grabbed it and he asked, "What you doing tomorrow?"

"Whyyy?" I asked trying to see what he was trying to get at. He licked his lips and said, "Well tomorrow night after the Halloween Pumpkin thing its a Media Major party at my
father Mansion. Im inviting you." He smiled at me and I said, "Okay." I rushed out of his office so fast as he yelled to me that he will be emailing me the address. I walked out and headed over to start this assignment right now. Lori sure ass hell didnt have alot of people that she was seen with. However, one name on here I aint doing. Speed.

"Whats this?" Speed asked as he snatched the postage note from my hands. I ran after him trying to get it away. It was too late. He had read it. He turned to me and I said, "before you get your briefs in a twist...I already decided
not to interview you. Plus, I got stuck with this assignment. I didnt want to do this at all but her father coming back next week and he reads the paper and they want some nice things in it about Lori."

Speed exhaled and said, "This is a good thing. I aint mad...just make sure to get her right."

"Have you been?" I asked him.

"Nope. I cant see her name on a tombstone. It just seems unreal. Its like I wanted to see her name on a Graduation List. The Deans List. Not a tombstone. Nah, I cant. Here." He explained as he handed it to me. We started walking thru the quad and I said, "Well, this is a shocker...A Kappa member walking around with a twink."