fourteen {real life}

you guys wanted me to post both so heres the rl one :) i suck so much at actual writing but i hope it still satisfies your thiam cravings. also, enjoy this picture of what i carved into my chicken pot pie thursday night lol (i'm clearly an artist) (another side note: i'm really bad with sticking in one tense so this goes back and forth between past and present tense)

earlier that day

"hey, jules?" liam asks, as he walks into his older sister's bedroom.

"yeah, li? what's up?"

julia was laying on her stomach on her bed, reading her english textbook. she moves over and pats the spot beside her, inviting liam to join. he complies and sits on her purple covers. once he got situated he voiced what has been going through his mind lately.

"could you help me plan something? i want to do something special for theo, but i don't know what. we haven't exactly been on a date yet, but i still really care for him."

"of course, li. why don't you get him chocolates and a bear or something. that's supposed to be romantic i think."

liam shrugged, "yeah, but that's so typical. i want to do something that's actually meaningful, you know?"

she nodded, understanding. if she ever was in a relationship she would want that person to do the same for her.

"yeah, i get you. can you pass me my laptop? we can browse pinterest, it literally has something for everything."

liam leaned over to julia's side table and grabbed her computer.

"thanks," she replied, opening the laptop.

she turned it on and logged in. after it booted up she opened pinterest and moved her mouse over the search bar.

"okay, so let's just look up 'cute romantic gestures' and see what we find."

"sounds good."

they had been scrolling through all of the pins, when julia found one that she thought was perfect. she tapped liam's shoulder to get his attention and pointed at the pin.

"what about this? it looks so pretty and you could add parts to it to make it even more special."

"yeah! i have the perfect idea for it. let's do it!"

present

after his message exchange with liam, theo quickly pulled a hoodie on and checked his hair in the mirror. he ran his hand through it {his hair} and messed it up a bit trying his best to style it.

eh, good enough. 

he slipped on his vans and told his parents that he was going outside for a bit. they were already aware of liam's plan, so they didn't question it. theo opened the front door and walked into the crisp outdoors. when he didn't see liam, he called out his name. 

"liam?"

he heard a voice reply back, but it was faint. he made his way around the house to the backyard where the response had come from. when he saw what was situated next to his pond, a gasp escaped his mouth.

"liam, oh my god. this, this is so beautiful!"

with julia's help and theo's parents keeping him in the house, liam had laid a few blankets on the grass and covered some trees with more fabric. lights were strung about as well as latterns and a cluster of pillows were arranged on the blankets. liam had his laptop closed next to a stack of movies that were also on the blankets. liam walked over to theo and hugged him, satisfied with his reaction.

"i'm glad you like it, i thought that for our first real date we could do something special."

"it's wonderful, thank you." 

theo pulled liam in for a kiss, then ran to the setup and jumped on the pillows. laughing, liam joined his boyfriend who was looking through the movies.

"let's see what movies you brought... the notebook, clueless, she's all that, the titanic, oh let's watch 'when harry met sally'! it's one of my favorites!"

"me too! it's a classic."

theo opened the box and handed the disc to liam, who inserted it into the cd slot in his computer. he noticed that theo was shivering slightly, so he draped a blanket over him. 

"thanks, baby."

"no problem, babe."

they smiled at each other and theo held the cover up for liam to come under with him. happily he did and the two cuddled under the covers. the movie began and liam threw his arm around theo's shoulder.

"aren't you cheeky." theo laughed.

content with the setup and each other the boys ended up spending five hours outside, not caring that it was three in the morning by the time they were still making out.