Chapter 2 - Squad assignments!

It's been four years since I moved in with my aunt and cousin. Life has been really good. Sometimes, when we have breaks from school, Naruto and I visit out other family. Since joining the Academy, I've made a lot of friends, like Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, Hinata, and Sasuke.

  However, this year I was put in a different class than all my friends. I passed my exam and was made a ninja two weeks ago. Naruto failed the exam, but he was involved in some shenanigans and ended up saving Iruka - sensei's life, and he was made a ninja too.

  My class was talking as we waited for our teams to be assigned. Our teacher, Mizuki - sensei, turned out to be working against the village, so he was in jail.

  Someone came in and started talking. "Only tree groups from this class will go on after this. That means nine of you continue and the rest are sent back to the academy." He started listing names. " Team one: Amari, Emi; Uchiha, Kaito; and Uzumaki, Kara."

  I zoned out after that. It was dull. I wondered who our teacher would be. After the guy finished talking, everyone walked off to find their teammates.

"Kara, right?" A girl's voice asked.

I looked up and nodded.

"I'm Emi, and this is Kaito. It's nice to meet you!" She beamed.

  Emi had short purple hair pulled into a French braid. She had grey eyes and seemed to always smile. She wore long green fingerless gloves and thigh length socks, and brown turtle neck tank top and shorts.

  Kaito had black hair a bit shorter than Emi's. He had playful black eyes and pale skin. He wore a grey tee-shirt, black shorts, and a blue zip-up vest. He had on ankle high sandels black gloves.

  "Nice to meet you too." I reply as I get up and go to leave. "I'm gonna go eat." I hesitated for a second, the n added "Do you two want to join?"

Emi's face lit up. "Definitely! Come on, Kaito!"

(Below is [in order, left to right] Kaito, Emi, and Kara.)

                                            ---

---

Author' Note

Hey! So, I'm writing several chapters in one go. This chapter is a bit shorter than the last because I had to draw the artwork.

Disclaimer- I do not own Naruto

Please don't take the art (even though it sucks). I drew it, I own it. Please respect that.