Chapter 4 - Our new Sensei

Emi, Kaito, and I all sat down together, with Kaito in the middle. The rest of the class sort of filed in around us. People left in groups as their senseis came in. We were one of the last groups left when we were called into the hallway. The guy from earlier directed us to an empty classroom.

  As we walked down the hall, Emi was growing more and more excited, but my stomach had tensed up. It was weird; I hadn't felt like this since I switched classes. As we grew closer to the room, Kaito turned around and smiled at me. It wasn't a mean or flirty smile, more of an I've-got-your-back smile. 

 We entered the room and sat down in the front row. I heard footsteps in the hallway. My heart rate quickened. I tried to breath more steadily so that that didn't speed up too. The door opened and a woman walked in. 

  "Hey there!" She said. I was looking down at my lap, focusing on not panicking. "I'm your new sensei. My name's Kushina Namikaze." 

  I looked up, relief rushing through me. She continued speaking. "I want you guys to tell me a little more about yourself, like your name, what all you like and dislike, and a goal for the future."

  "Why don't you tell us about yourself first?" Emi said energetically. 

  "Okay. Well, you already know my name. I like my family, training, and foxes. I dislike lazy people. And my dream is to be the first female Hokage!" She beamed cheerfully. "You next." She pointed at Emi.

  "I'm Emi Amari. I like talking with my friends and eating. I dislike waking up early. And I'm going to be greatest shinobi in the word!"

  "I'm Kara Uzumaki. I like sleeping in and sushi. I dislike loud noises. I don't really have a dream for the future."

  "I'm Kaito Uchiha. I like hanging out with my friends. I dislike people who mess with my friends. I don't exactly have a plan for the future either."

   "Alright." She smiled. "I think I've got a pretty good idea of your personalities. Tomorrow at eight AM, I'll be waiting on training grounds three to assess your skills." And she left.

  "Kara, are you okay?" Kaito asked in concern. He was looking at me with an expression of worriedness. 

  "Yeah. Thanks." I replied, not meeting his eyes. "I just get nervous when meeting new people." 

  Emi looked at us like we were crazy, but shrugged it off. "I'm going home. You guys wanna walk back with me?"

  I shook my head. "No, I'm waiting for someone."

After they had left, I sat down by the gates. Naruto should be leaving his meeting soon. Or so I thought.

Author's Note

Hey! Thanks for reading. I decided to use Kushina for their sensei because I thought that there could be fun in writing about her. As always, let me know if there are grammatical errors, misspellings, and anything else like that to better the experience for all of you.