_Chapter One_

"And so, these nine freaks will be put into the forest, where they will eventually die, and all among us will be only normal folk. Thanks for watc-"

The television was shut off quickly.

Mrs.Norwood was on the couch, crying. "They took my baby," she sobbed, "They took him!" George Norwood walked over to his wife.

He hugged her close, and started to cry too, but less. "It's okay, he'll be fine. He'll come back to us." He whispered.

Outside of the Norwood household were lines and lines of men and boys holding newspapers, all of them shouting desperately, "Get your paper here! The nine specials have been taken! Get your paper!"

It was a fairly popular thing, the nine specials. The nine kids who had all the fame, attention, and power in the world.

On all channels of television were the TYE news, it's all around famous news reporter Jack Hills stating his thoughts on how weird the nine specials were, and how he got the whole world to think so too.

As a potato of a woman walked down the street, the men started to yell, begging her to buy a paper. She hastily walked past them, but spat, "Serves them naughty kids right! They deserve to be in a asylum for the rest of their darn lives!"

She walked past an outside bar, where two men were at a table smoking.

Both of them looked about 60, and not very welcoming. "Those nine specials are very darn weird. I mean, who has those abilities? Jack definitely has his head on straight." One of them grumbled.

But, about a day ago, those people were praising those nine kids. Everyone was. Until Jack Hills had a different opinion.

➳➳➳➳➳
"Well Lyre, this is more adventure than we bargained for!" Ty said loudly.

Ty and Lyre were going down in a glass elevator. They had been taken, and now every move they made would be video taped until they set foot into the forest, where they would, in Jacks words, 'eventually die'.

Lyre looked at Ty and smiled.

The elevator's glass door slid open, and the two stepped out.

"More like more death than you bargained for." Zara said sarcastically. Apparently, the elevators weren't soundproof. They were in a metal room, and each step they took made a clanking sound.

"Careful what you say. You don't want the public hating you even more." Scott appeared. He indicated the camera that was on the wall pointed at them.

All of them had already met. They were almost forced to go on tours together to sign autographs, take pictures, and meet with fans.

Rosanna showed up in a different elevator Lyre and Ty had been in.

"Hey guys!" She said bubbly. "Hey Nixon!" Rosanna included Nixon who was standing next to the group, quietly. Celina had come with Rosanna.

"Guys, do you know what we're doing right now? I wasn't told anything." Celina asked curiously.

Scott answered her, "Meeting fans. Before we go into the beginning stage of release." She nodded her head in understanding.

"Or what I like to call, death!" Wilder said sarcastically.

Lyre and Ty had separated from the group, and were dying of laughter.

"Terran! Lyre! How you guys doing?" Wilder gave a sly smile. Ty stopped laughing slowly. "Ty please." He corrected Wilder.

"Isn't someone happy?" Lyre teased.

"Can you not?" Zara said impatiently. "We're about to die tomorrow if you didn't notice."

Rosanna answered, "Who says? Maybe we can make it out of the forest alive together." She said positively.

Nixon didn't say a word. Celine stared at him. While the others continued to converse Celine walked up. "How are you?" She said bluntly. It was her go to conversation starter.

Nixon stared at his feet.

Quietly he answered her, "I-I'm um, fine." He looked up a little. "H-How about um, you?"

She started to smile. "I'm great, thanks for asking." Celine said kindly.

Nixon stared at Celine. He opened his mouth to speak, but Wilder stood next to them, "Okay chit chatters, time to move on."

Celine and Nixon stared in front of themselves, and saw that a wide door had opened in front of them, revealing tons of fans.

Everyone else was already walking towards the door, and they both followed.

As they walked outside into the warm weather fans screamed for recognition. Wilder was already surrounded by a group of teenage girls, while Rosanna was taking pictures.

"Aj!" Ty greeted his friend outside. "I was wondering where you were!"

Lyre followed him with a smile on his face. Anthony had no time to respond because several girls surrounded them, all of which screaming with excitement.

Surprisingly, girls loved Nixon as well.

At the moment they were challenging him, asking him to pick up things of extreme weight.

Wilder was teleporting from fan to fan, and Celine loved all the attention. There was a group around Zara, asking for her to predict the future.

On all television screens around the world, people were watching this live.

All of it was great, but it was just a big distraction from tomorrow, where they would all eventually lie dead in the forest.

Right?