_Chapter Seven_

Ty had an axe. Zerra had a knife. Scott had a dagger. Rosanna had a machete. Wilder had a hammer. Lyre had spears. Aj had a sword. All of them had a horrible gut feeling about this.

The lights went off once everyone had touched their weapon, and there was a Ding which everyone knew in their heart meant that the game was beginning.

Lyre's heart raced as the beating reached up to her brain. People were gonna get killed. If she wasn't then everybody else was. It was a lose lose situation. In a matter of days her whole life collapsed right on her. She was hated by everyone. She was sent to the woods to die. Now she was in this game. Then one person would leave alive.

Even if the person did win, where would they go? In the endless wave of trees? All of them were doomed no matter what. It was a feeling none of them had ever experienced this greatly before.

The last time they all saw each other, was in the hallway, all clutching their weapons. That was also the last time they would see each other, without having to murder one another.

Lyre quickly had gone upstairs and hid in a room that looked as if it was a bathroom. There was a toilet, but nothing else said it was a bathroom. There was no sink-which Lyre found horrific-no shower, and the dark fading grey wall with no tile in the room whatsoever gave the persona of any room other than a bathroom. The size of the room also made it kind of impossible for it to be a bathroom. It actually looked like a living room.

Lyre hid behind what she found to be a dresser. Then, everything was silent.

Well it was-

Until she heard and felt someone breathing directly down her neck.

Lyre's head flipped around faster than a race car, as her hair whipped the object behind her.

"Ow!" She heard someone whisper.

"Don't kill me! Please!" Lyre pleaded. She clutched her spears in her hand, ready to throw at whoever it was. "I-I'm warning you!"

The person looked up, and she realized it was Celina. "Damn.... it's just me Lyre." She held no weapon in her hand, not having touched her bedroom door since the night before.

"Celina!! Where were you?" She whisper shouted. "The game has started.." Lyre put her finger to her mouth to make sure Celina didn't get them killed.

"I know that." Celina made sure to use her quietest voice possible. "Nixon told me something. It's really important."

Lyre began to look at the door making sure nobody was coming close to the room they were in. "What is it?" She said while peeking her eye out behind the dresser.

"Nixon told me-" then someone opened the door.

Lyre's heart stopped.

She couldn't move. Lyre let everything process..... someone opened the  door. Now they began to walk into the room. Someone was going to die.

Whoever it was began to search around the room as Lyre and Celina held their breath. Why did this have to be happening right now?

Lyre never knew she could feel her heart beating in every. single. muscle. in. her. body. What can I do to live... What can I do to live...

She went completely blank.

Her power was telepathy! How idiotic was that? Who had ever heard of someone being saved by telepathy? At that moment she wished she had a different power....... a cooler one.....

Maybe she make anything in her mind become true!

Or maybe, unbelievable athletics.

Nothing like Nixon's power.... not at all. It would be better and a whole lot of adventure. More than anyone could have ever imagined!

She would live the most interesting life ever, with a whole lot of adrenaline and risk! That would be quite the power.

But her dreams were quickly crushed by reality. She was stuck with telepathy. And the realization she couldn't hide behind her thoughts, once again, someone else was in the room.

But maybe the game wasn't that bad.....

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Aj was the definition of nervous.

But after the first ten seconds of the game passed, that feeling dissolved.

Who's to say he can't win this game? I mean, this is him after all.

Aj thought about all the gasps and people in awe he would see after he did win and went back to see the real world. He would be praised!

Aj would be the mysterious man that escaped unescapable death! Everyone else would die as just another person with a superpower........... but not Aj. No, not him.

As he tightening his grip on his sword making his knuckles white, he walked with a new sense of confidence he hadn't felt before.

➳➳➳➳➳

Rosanna ran into the kitchen since it was the first place that she thought of.

This isn't happening.... this isn't happening....

Why her?

There was no doubt in her mind she was gonna die. She was too nice to kill anyone, or even participate in the game trying to defend herself. If she did, than that would make everyone else die. She wouldn't want that... never in a million years.

Rosanna felt a sudden urge to be comforted. She felt horrible inside. Nothing compared to knowing that you were gonna die. It was a different sense of fear nobody should have to feel in their lifetime.

But how great was that? Rosanna was going to die. And all because of her sweet and kind personality! If anyone didn't deserve to die, it's her. She was so kind to everyone, and now she was being punished for it? It didn't make any sense to her.

Life is really messed up

➳➳➳➳➳

Nixon stood at the door of his bedroom. A lever? Wow, this game is really cut out for me. Good thing I'm not playing.

Just incase, he grabbed the lever. Even though he could probably snap someone's neck easily. Not that he would, he hates having to hurt someone else, just the thought.

Nixon walked over, and sat on his bed. The noise of the broken bed springs springing didn't scare him that someone might hear, he was actually quite relaxed.

Though he knew, others probably weren't.

Nixon wanted to help them, he really did. But how?

He was just Nixon. Just Nixon. Nobody special or amazing. Yes he had his power, but his power didn't define him.

But he knew he had to. Nobody else would.

So he did.