17

I feel my cheeks burn. He stares at me so intently and when he is like this it's hard to know how to act.

"You're, um, so direct," I finally say. He smiles at me.

"And you don't like that?"

"Well, it's just that I'm not used to people being so direct, especially when it comes to this stuff."

"I thought you didn't know anything about this stuff as you say, so why would you be talking about it," he says, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I don't. You know what I mean," I say, feeling myself getting more and more flushed. His hand slowly traces the side of my face and his finger runs along my lips.

"I don't know what you mean, Lily. I know what your body wants though. I hear how your heartbeat picks up whenever I'm near you. I can feel the delicious flush of blood rising close to your cheeks. Your eyes look different when you look at me," he says, leaning in so that his lips meet mine. He kisses me very slowly and gently, his lips feel as soft as a feather and I press my mouth forward, trying to deepen the kiss and make it stronger but he pulls away.

"No, Lily," he groans. "I don't trust myself right now. I want you too much but I don't think you're ready. But I want you to know how beautiful you are though and I'm never going to let anyone hurt you," and he leans forward and plants another soft, swift kiss on my lips.

"Now sleep," he says, pulling me close to him and I lie against his chest, his coolness relaxing after feeling so hot and flushed. I do want him and I want to say the words but I guess he is right, something in me isn't quite ready. I think about the things we have done already and I feel that heat flush all over me again and hear him chuckle.

"Sleep, Lily," he says, "before I change my mind." So I close my eyes and I do my best to try to sleep. But my heart keeps pounding even though I don't feel nervous, I'm still hot and I can't help thinking about all the things Edric has done to me before now and how good he made me feel.

So I close my eyes and I do my best to try to sleep. But my heart keeps pounding even though I don't feel nervous, I'm still hot and I can't help thinking about all the things Edric has done to me before now and how good he made me feel.

"Lily, you're driving me crazy, I am trying to be a gentleman here," he says, turning to his side and looking down at me. I flutter my eyes shut again and take a deep breath.

"Open your eyes," he says and I look at him, he has that intense look again. I want to look away but I can't and I ache so badly, down there, so I cross my legs together and squeeze them tightly.

He notices right away and his hand gently pries them apart. In a flash, he has undone my jeans and he slips his hand right between my legs, right where I am aching.

"You're wet and hot," he whispers. "Tell me what you want."

I moan as his fingers lightly stroke me. It's making me ache more, not less.

"I ache there, so badly. I want you but I'm nervous, this is all so much, so soon," and I moan as his fingers flick across me.

"Don't be nervous, Lily. There is no rush, and definitely not for me. Vampire remember? I can wait years if I need to."

"I somehow doubt it will be that long," I moan.

"Good. I hope not," he says, bending forwards and kissing me lightly again. "Before you met me, did you touch yourself?"

"Sometimes. Not that often."

"Show me," he says and before I can protest, he is gently tugging down my jeans. When he has pulled them off, he slowly slides down my panties.