Bus, 31/8

Bus, 31/8 1:11pm

I'm going to participate on the third exam of the math olympics that my school and many others of the city make their students test their capacity on math. As always, the subjects on the exam are ones quite advanced, compared to what I've been taught in class.

It's always the same thing; three problems. The first one is the generic type that you can find on your textbook; "I've got 240 candies in my bag, and half of them are lemon flavored. How many blueberry flavored candies are?" But more complex. Still the easiest one. The second problem is a geometry one, and what they're asking you variates a lot. Length of the side of an hexagon, the quantity of squares needed to fill a rectangle of certain size, and so on. The third one is the most difficult one for me: possibilities. You have to calculate the exact amount of possibilities of anything. I hate it.

We're here. We arrived to the school that I'm taking the exam. An English-Spanish one, interesting. The walls are painted with white and turquoise. The students wear uniforms like us, with blue sweaters, gray trousers, and skirt with an "escocés" design (I don't remember what was it called in english, I'll google it once I get home) All of them are looking at us, with curiosity. I'm getting off my phone, because I won't be able to charge it when I have to wait for my brother in his one-hour piano class.

4:30pm

That exam made me want to kill myself. It was super complex. I don't want to explain it right now, but I didn't even finish one problem. Seriously.