Chapter 4: The Confession

Hanson's POV:

After a couple more hours of torture (also known as class), my favourite time of the day finally came.

FOOOD!

Must I say more?

"Haaansonnn!"

I think Lunch time just ended for me. And that's saying a lot.

"What?" I asked, with a harsh tone to my voice.

"Hanny, why are you mad?"

I said nothing as Arianna batted her lashes at me. Oh, did I mention her twin was into me as well?

"Yeah, Hanson, we didn't do anything wrong," Marie backed her up, innocently smiling.

"Except ruin my day," I grumbled.

"Aww, Hanny," Arianna cooed. "Don't say that, you know that's not true."

I gagged on the inside, at her nickname for me.

Let me explain this. 

Basically, since Kindy, my parents and the twins' parents have been business partners and very close friends. Which, sadly, meant that they expected the twins and I to be "very close friends and maybe more one day"; well with one of them, obviously. 

After years of knowing each other, they've both (to my surprise, though I'm flattered) developed a... crush.. on me. 

(Yep, cue depressing violin music.) 

But obviously, I only see them as friends. Despite how mean, annoying and self - obsessed they seem, they're actually really sweet and generous -  when they're not at school.

"Don't call me that," I gritted through my teeth.

It's her nickname for me, since the first grade. There's a backstory, but don't ask me to tell you, 'coz it's too embarrassing.

Inevitably, she ignored me, so I did the same. To both of them. Which only resulted in them bickering.

I quickly escaped them and found who I was looking for.

"Alexandre! Alexandre!"

He whipped around and told me, "Mec, c'est Alex, tu sais que je n'aime pas mon nom."

"Désolé, je garde l'oubli."

"What's up?" Alex suddenly switched to English, knowing that since I'm Australian, with no traces of French blood, I suck at speaking the language.

"The twins. They're following me like freaking shadows!"

Alex scoffed then said, "What's new?"

I punched his shoulder and told him to take it seriously.

"Dude, I'm not kidding, this past week has been torture," I complain.

"Then move schools."

That earns him another punch to his other shoulder.

"Alright, alright!" Alex exclaimed , throwing his hands up.

"What do I do?"

"Uh, try to lose them. Maybe come to school in a different disguise each day?"

"Oh yeah, 'coz I totally have 100 different disguises in the back of my closet," I told him, sarcastically.

"Oh my god, you do?! That's so cool! Can I borrow some of them, then? I can be - "

I interrupted his excited rambling by slapping him on the back of his head and snapped, "Shut up! I was being sarcastic!"

He rubbed his head and muttered, "Geez, sorry."