|Chapter Twenty ~ The Caged Lion|

AN: Hey Guys!! I'm so sorry about the really long wait, but here it is the greatly anticipated chapter ! Hope you all enjoy it!

Note - Some parts of this chapter have been extracted from the script of 'Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.'

----------------------------------------------

For the rest of the day I focused the majority of my attention on the teachers and the subjects that they were trying to teach. I didn't pull pranks or mess about with Fred. I didn't talk about quidditch with Lee. And I didn't see George again until dinner. Even though I was starving, I just couldn't eat anything. Sure I tried, but every time I brought the fork up to my mouth my stomach would twist into knots, so I just settled fork pushing my food around my plate. Unfortunately my behaviour didn't escape George's attention.

"Hey... are you alright?" George asked as he put his arm around my waist, sliding me across the bench until our legs were touching, and started rubbing soothing circles on the small of my back.

"Yeah. I'm just worried about this divination test on Friday." I lied. In reality I was nervous for my talk with Crevan. What did he want to tell me? And why did he look so nervous about it?

"Don't worry Ari. I'm sure that Trelawney won't even remember that she set a test." He said smiling down at me. I felt even sicker than I did before for lying to George, he didn't deserve it. George was a good guy and if I had thought about it rationally he wouldn't have minded me going to talk with Crevan. But at that time, I wasn't in a very rational mood.

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words." Professor Dumbledore said, demanding quiet and interrupting all of our conversation in order for him to make his announcement. "Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." Professor Dumbledore said, causing the whole of the Great Hall to burst into excided murmurs about... 'How great eternal glory would be' and 'how dangerous the tasks were going to be'.

"Wicked." I heard Fred whisper to his twin brother. Obviously, Fred and George were no different from the rest of the students of Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

"To explain all the rules we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." Dumbledore said, stepping aside for the old, graying man.

He was just about to start talking when the enchanted ceiling started to portray a thunderstorm; something that I have never seen before in my time at Hogwarts and everyone was panicking. Lightning flashed and a jet of green came from the doorway. The light flashed once more to reveal a strange man.

"Bloody hell, its Mad-Eye Moody." I heard Ron say a little way down the table from me. The small revelation had people muttering and whispering about the aura that was positively and absolutely loopy. I suppose if you catch dark wizards for over fifty years it's bound to take its toll on a person.

I watched in silence, unlike everyone else, as Dumbledore embraced Moody who took a sip of whatever concoction that was contained in his flask, whilst looking out into the sea of pupils. His faux, glass eye focused solely on the Gryffindor table. More importantly... Harry.

Dumbledore stood, commanding the room to instantly fall to nothing. We watched – silently – as he unveiled a large, stone goblet whose flame was glowing blue. "The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun!" Dumbledore said, dismissing us all for bed.