twenty nine

eddie woke up the next morning, feeling very tired. he noticed he wasn't alone, though. richie was sleeping right next to him.

richie squirmed and opened his eyes, smiling at eddie.

"morning, eds," he whispered.

"good morning. why didn't you leave last night?" eddie asked, getting up.

"because you asked me to cuddle you until you fell asleep but then i fell asleep," richie shrugged, getting up as well. eddie's cheeks turned pink as he nodded.

"oh"

"why are you wearing fancy clothes," eddie asked.

richie looked down and saw his blue button up along with his black dress pants.

"shit.. i was out with v's parents when you texted me and i bailed," richie muttered.

"you- what?" eddie almost yelled.

"you texted me saying you were having a panic attack. i had to come make you feel better."

"you didn't have to.... it wasn't.... it was.... oh my.." eddie said, sitting down.

"what?" richie asked.

"n-nothing. it's nothing. you're a really good friend, richie," eddie smiled.

"not that good of a boyfriend, though. i should probably go talk to veronica," richie said.

"ok. thank you, by the way"

"no problem, eddie spaghetti"

"oh my god, i hate you"

"you love me. and i love your sweater," richie winked. eddie looked down and noticed he was wearing richie's hoodie. he blushed in embarrassment.

"shut up.. do you want it back?" he asked.

"nah, it looks cute on you," richie smiled, causing eddie to blush even harder.

"go talk to your girlfriend," eddie said.

"right, shit," he chuckled and climbed out the window.