thirty three

alcohol warning

(also this is shitty i suck at writing which is why this is a text fic)

eddie and beverly got to the house that was filled with already drunk teenagers.

"come. let's go find the gang," beverly smiled, grabbing eddie's hand and walking somewhere.

beverly finally stopped somewhere and let go of eddie's band.

"guys, this is eddie. richie's boyfr- i mean richie's friend," beverly introduced.

"hello," eddie smiled nervously, oblivious to what beverly had just said.

"hi," they all said at the same time.

"ok so, that's ben, bill, stan, and mike," beverly said, pointing around the circle.

"oh, richies here," mike said, pointing past beverly. everyone turned around and saw richie standing there, fingers intertwined with some girl's.

"i thought they broke up?" stan tilted his head.

"i guess... they didn't?" ben shrugged.

beverly turned back to face eddie.

"i'm so sorry, i didn't know he'd be here. do you wanna go?" she asked.

"no.. it's fine..." eddie shook his head.

"uh, beverly... do you wanna dance?" ben asked.

"i'd love to," beverly winked.

"i'll be right back, okay?" she said to eddie before disappearing into the crowd of people alongside ben.

"oh, hey richie" eddie heard mike say. he froze for a few seconds before turning around to see the man himself, staring right at him.

"richie, look, it's eddie" mike smiled. that's when eddie turned on his heel and walked in a random direction. he had found himself in the kitchen where the alcohol was.

"hey, you need a drink?" a guy asked. eddie thought for a moment.

"yes, please," he said politely. the guy chuckled and poured him a beer before handing it to him.

"ever have beer before, kid?"

eddie shook his head and smelled the drink in his hands, grimacing at the gross smell. the guy laughed and went off to play beer pong.

eddie took a sip and cringed as it went down his throat.

tastes like piss, he thought. he shrugged and downed the whole thing. he wanted to get drunk. he heard it was painless. made you feel numb.

he needed to feel numb.

"yooo, kid, want something stronger?" another random guy asked. eddie thought for a moment. why not?

"yes please," eddie nodded.

"aight, here gimme your cup," the guy said. eddie handed him his red cup and the guy poured - what looked like water but was definitely not water - into the cup.

"here ya go," he smiled.

"thanks," eddie muttered, taking a huge sip of it. he choked and spluttered, feeling it burn.

"yeah, careful, it does that to ya,"

"thanks..." eddie said sarcastically.

by 10:30, eddie was piss drunk. and he'd only been there 40 minutes.

and it only took him 20 minutes before some other guy was dancing and grinding all over him.

eddie didn't like it. he felt uncomfortable. but, he felt richie's eyes burning into the back of his head. he felt like he needed to let richie know he didn't care about him.

even if he really did.

the music stopped and on there was a voice on the microphone.

"everybody, let's play spin the bottle." some girl announced, causing some people to cheer and some people to groan. everybody sat in the very big living room.

eddie sat down in between a girl that smelled of raspberries and a boy that smelled of beer. he looked around the circle for richie, only to find him sitting away from the circle, only watching.

"okay, who wants to go first?" she asked.

"i'll go, i guess" mike shrugged. everyone cheered as mike spun the bottle which landed on a very attractive girl. mike smirked and the girl blushed. they shared a 10 second kiss before pulling away. people wolf-whistled and laughed as they sat back down at their spots.

"who's next?" someone asked. eddie, being drunk and stupid, spoke up.

"i'll go!" eddie said.

"yes, eddie!" beverly cheered. everyone else cheered as well as he gave the bottle a spin.

it slowly but surely stopped, right on some random guy. a very very attractive guy. eddie smiled, and so did the guy.

the guy crawled over to him and brought him in for a 10 second kiss. it was a very sloppy 10 second make out session, and eddie didn't enjoy it. at all. it just felt weird and the guy tasted like smoke. both boys went back to their spots and eddie happened to glance over at richie, who looked incredibly angry. or jealous.

richie looked up and both boys made eye contact, well, before richie pushed himself off the wall and stormed off somewhere. eddie, being stupid and drunk, got up to follow him.

he followed him to the backyard patio. eddie found richie standing outside, hands in a white fist.

"what's the matter with you?" eddie chuckled. richie turned around and rolled his eyes.

"why are you even here?" richie asked.

"beverly invited me," he said.

"you know, that guy you were dancing with has a girlfriend," richie growled.

"i could tell. he was feeling me up like i had tits. didn't like it anyways. don't like him," eddie slurred.

"oh..." he whispered.

"but, like, the guy i kissed. wow he was a full course meal," eddie chuckled.

"you know what-"

richie was interrupted when eddie threw up into the grass.

eddie whimpered, falling to his knees.

richie's fists let go and his entire body relaxed. he couldn't help but get soft for eddie. he was just so helpless and cute.

"lets get you home," he sighed. eddie sniffled and nodded.

if there are any spelling mistakes i'm sorry i was half asleep when i wrote this