1

"This just in... a breakout of five female juveniles have escaped the Barron City Juvenile corrections facility.'" The reporter said through an electronics store window as Sunday crept through the alleyway peeking onto the street.

            Her legs were sore from running the half dozen miles in a sprint

            Her legs were sore from running the half dozen miles in a sprint. Her heart burned from the adrenaline and fear of being caught. Dirt was scattered about her person from the messy of her frizzy hair and her face after crawling and clawing her way to freedom, all he way down to the mud on her bare feet numb from the cold night air as her bare toes crept silentland fingers blue. Her teeth clattering. As her body felt overwhelmed from the endeavor; her subconscious was still stuck on the guard who crept into her and her peers cell, the feeling of the warm but cold insidious leaving unwanted goosebumps along the skin on her flesh. 

She shook the flashback out of her head as she ducked beside a trashcan, the clear night air smoking from her hot breath. She placed a palm to her chest catching her breath.
It had to be about an hour to midnight. The city's streets were abandoned, with the exceptions for homeless, police patrol cars, and some night retail workers, and the 24 hour laundromat.

She needed to get out of the city. Fast. She couldn't rid of her orange jumpsuit, the only thing beneath it was her undergarments.

Sunday chewed at her lip in deep thought

Sunday chewed at her lip in deep thought. She knew the outskirts of the city were only another eight miles, from then she would travel through the forest. She didn't have a set plan, but she wasn't about to get caught and have more years added to her 15 year sentence.

After her heart stopped threatening to jump out of her chest she rose to her sore feet. With a deep breath she began her sprint again, her physique wasn't that of a athlete, she was rather heavy but she didn't let that slow her down. Each step was a feeling of satisfaction at how much farther she was getting away and to her freedom.

After a long marathon of dodging countless police patrol cars, she had finally passed the city's entrance and out into the dirt road. She walked into the forest and kept going until she could find some type of shelter from the snow blizzard that had just began. She cradled herself rubbing numbly at her arms to warm herself with no avail. Her hair contained ice from the sweat of her body.