15

"I've heard things about Sir Johnathan Vincent." Yvonne Christine said as she sat at the long dining table in the large castle, joining the rest of her family.

"Yes, your so called King is obsessed with human girls for some bizarre reason. He enjoys giving them shelter in exchange for blood and sexual favors." Anthony Christine sighed with annoyance.

"Well you know... a vampire's survival depends on the blood of humans, as for the sex... well with a king as majestic as he, I'm not surprised." She grinned deviously.

"So instead of coming home to tend to his duties...he has chosen to run his own whorehouse. The council is growing tired of his foolishness. And his 'princes' are a huge problem, especially if they keep thinking they're entitled to mate with humans." Rachel Christine sneered pushing her white blonde hair out of her face with disgust.

"Ugh, don't get me started on those mongrels." Anthony said rolling his eyes dramatically and playing with his long raven hair by wrapping strands around his finger absentmindedly.

"I think he's entitled to a little visit from yours truly..." Yvonne said with a smirk. "See what his plan has been all these years now that he's had sometime in that human town. We must know if we can relocate the fallen city of Heirious there before those bloody witches get a whiff that our people are unprotected."

"Yes," Anthony said nodding. "I think its time we visit his majesty."

~*~

Iris carried a small stack of spending expenses for Jareth through the office. She'd gone through most of them with an ultra fine tooth comb for nearly two weeks and had a few questions for Jareth about three of the supposed enterprises he was apparently working with. The names just didn't add up.

She was an undercover forensic accountant with Jareth as her mentor. Being that he had one of his many degrees in the field she was only working under the guise of his assistant, and when he had suspicions of recent thievery he'd asked her to try and find out for him. She was surprised that he'd trusted her that much to do something so crucial and serious within even her first year of being under his wing, but nope. There she was in her second week helping him find whatever man--or vampire that had the audacity to steal from his family's company.

She smiled politely as she passed by a few skeptical but friendly faces. Everyone thought she was too young to be working there, but no one was bold enough to actually confront Jareth about it, whether they were human or vampire.

Everyone just left it be.

She thought about her seventeenth birthday coming up next month. She sighed when she thought about the girls making it a big deal. Dahlia and Petunia were the worst of them. They literally held a birthday and holiday committee, that meant that a month before the event whether it was a birthday or a holiday or any special occasion they'd spend three hours a day planning it after school or after work. Other girls were welcome to join their committee, and they often times would but Dahlia and Petunia were the chairmen, and what they say went.

She shook her head and laughed as she reached Jareth's office on the eighth floor. He was meeting with the owners of a mom and pop pharmacy in town about buying their shop and she figured it would be over by now, and by the looks of it through his glass walled office it was as she seen him behind his desk and his head down in a stack of papers.

She opened and closed the door and when she turned to face him he was already behind her with a grin on his face. Startled, she jumped and as she did the lamp at the far right of the office fell over and the bulb shattered.

Jareth glanced behind him in confusion, and stared back at her. "Whatcha got there, beautiful?" He asked as he stood with his hands in the pockets of his slacks.