13

To post or not post the edited private chapter 🤔 it's nasty y'all. That's all imma say lol. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Edited but not edited.

Iris didn't really know what to expect when she woke up the next morning. It surely wasn't to be sporting Jareth's black t-shirt with no underwear. There wasn't a bright light of the sunshine. There was just her in her bedroom.

She didn't know how she got there but she was thankful she didn't have to go through waking up next to Jareth and Emilio with a birds nest on her head and morning breath. She also didn't know if it would've been awkward or not, but she was thankful she didn't have to find out.

She glanced at the clock on her nightstand as she scratched her head.

8:37 A.M. It read.

Her face contorted into confusion. Something was happening this morning. She just couldn't remember what.

She glanced around the room and her eyes landed on a pale yellow dress pant suit in the corner of the room on the vanity chair. Her confusion grew the more she stared at it.

She climbed out of bed and slowly approached the small folded note on top of the suit.

Yellow is definitely your color, Beautiful. -Jareth

She read it over a few more times her heart pounding a little harder every time. She didn't really know what the suit was for, until she racked her brain for clues.

Realization sunk in. She was supposed to go to work with Jareth.

"Holy shit." She said to herself. She sucked her lips into her mouth waiting for Johnathan to come out of nowhere and reprimand her, and then she remembered he wasn't really speaking with her at the moment.

For whatever reason that was.

She shrugged off the thought of Johnathan and hurriedly undressed out of Jareth's t-shirt before she rushed to take a quick shower.

Brushing her teeth in a haste, she put on the laid out garments and threw on some loafer flats to match, she sat in front of the vanity to apply a little make up and was surprised to see her face a little more life like.

Her dark circles she'd always had were gone and her face was lifted a little more than it was yesterday. She decided to just apply a little eyebrow gel, and lip balm before brushing out her hair to its usual sleekness fixing a little of the stubborn pieces with her flat iron.

Grabbing a coat out the closet and nothing else she hurried out of her room after straightening up a bit and down the grand staircase.

She wasn't aware of Jareth's presence until after she hit the last step.

She took him in and nearly did a double take. Jareth stood staring down at his watch, a sleek royal blue suit, with a cream colored dress shirt underneath. His feet decked out in really expensive shoes that glistened in the light of the castle, he held onto a briefcase probably worth just as much as the Rolex he was staring down at.

But there were a few new things she noticed about him.

One, his skin glowed.