five

jimin finally made it to his new home, a small, nervous smile playing on his face

jimin finally made it to his new home, a small, nervous smile playing on his face. walking inside, he's greeted by the warm air and the heavenly smell of christmas. it completely flew past his mind that christmas was coming soon. the short boy started walking to the stairs.he realised he was going to have to carry the suitcase by himself. letting out a deep breath, jimin picked up his suitcase and started walking cautiously up the stairs. finally making it to the top, he started to feel his back aching from his backpack.
-
walking towards his apartment door, he remembered that he still doesn't have the key to his room. jimin rolled his eyes at his forgetfulness and giggled. shrugging off his backpack, he skipped back downstairs, singing softly to himself. his skips were light, his soft, chocolate hair bouncing as he takes each step down. as he makes it to the second to last step, he jumped with both feet, landing safely on the floor. swiping his hair from his face as he walked, his body collided with another. he felt arms gripping onto his, and a scent of coffee overwhelmed him. he ended up in an awkward hug with the person that caught him.

"you okay?" the raven haired boy asked, standing jimin up properly, his arms slid down jimins, then finally taking them off. electricity passed through them, both ignoring the warm feeling in their hearts. jimin was beyond shocked seeing jungkook here out of all places. he realised he was staring at him so he gave him a nod.

"so what are you doing here?" jungkook asked curiously.
"i just moved here" jimin said, his soft voice a harmony to jungkooks ears. "really? my close family friend owns this place, i live here too, guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other then" jungkook says with a cute bunny smile. the older started to become anxious at the thought of seeing jungkook everyday. the cute boy with a flawless face and the most beautiful smile made jimins heart soar. he really admired jungkook.

jimin didn't know what to say to the younger so he just smiled. jungkook noticed that jimin doesn't speak much, he didn't want to make him afraid so he didn't question him.
"well i better go now, see you later" the younger said with a bright smile. as he turned to walk, he felt a hand clasp around his arm gently. he turned around to see the pink faced boy nervously looking at him.
"m-my names jimin by the way" he said, trying to raise his gentle voice so jungkook could hear him.

the younger was surprised, but excitement filled him as he finally knew the olders name.
"you have a beautiful name,jimin" jungkook said, trying to hide the joy from his voice.
"thank you" jimin said softly, giving him a smile reaching his eyes which made jungkook beyond ecstatic.
"see you around jimin" jungkook said before quickly running past jimin and up the stairs.

jimin felt so proud of himself, he spoke up and he spoke louder. his eye smile was still plastered on his face as he went to look for hyun-mi.
finally, he saw hyun-mi reading a book. he made his way over and whispered a hello. hyun-mi turned around and smiled brightly when she noticed the chocolate-haired boy. "oh hello jimin, are you looking for your keys?" she asked, he voice slightly rasping.
"yeah, i already brought all my things upstairs" jimin said quietly.
"did you do it all by yourself? you could've asked and i could've gotten someone to help you!" she said, shaking her head

"i'm sorry, i was fine though" jimin said with a reassuring smile.
"my you're such a sweet boy, let me get you the keys one moment" hyun me said, walking off to a desk.
she opened it, making many keys clink.
hyun-mi started humming whilst looking for the right key, making an "ah!" noise as she picked up the right room key.
"here you go, take good care with them and have a good time here!" she handed jimin the keys. his small hands clasped the keys as he bowed to hyun-mi. she shook her head and laughed, hugging the boy as she did on the day they met.
"i hope to see you more, jimin!"
"goodbye halmoni" jimin said happily.
"oh jimin! i forgot to mention, yah i forget too easily" she said, rubbing her forehead.
"you'll be living with someone else, is that alright?" jimin felt anxiety bubbling in his stomach. "a roommate? i...i guess it's okay" jimin said courageously.
he needed to get over his fear. he needed to get away from his father.
"oh i'm so glad!" she said giving him another smile.
-
jimin was back up the stairs in front of his room door. he put the key in the hole and twisted it, making a satisfying click sound. he pushed the door open. he jumped as he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned to see the raven haired boy again.

"guess we're roommates huh?"

-❁-

sorry for this awful chapter lmao