Chapter 4

The directors and staff are still shouting out orders and directions for everyone to follow, but all have been blocked by Jackson's voice through your earphones. Someone moves in front of you. You look up and see a stern looking woman staring at you. "You're not supposed to be here. It's a VIP room for our star Jackson, please stop drawling in here." She says with a straight face. You take your earphones out quickly to be respectful and say, "Sorry Madame, I - - I uh was told to sit backstage because I wasn't allowed on set. Sorry again, I didn't know it was um Jackson's room."
The woman smiles at you as you slowly walk out of the room. You secretly smile at yourself. Jackson didn't kick you out of his room, instead he talked to you. You keep on smiling as you walk out of the school building.
A gush of wind blows your hair back and forth; not too cold yet not too hot. You jog around listening to music and looking at the school grounds. A big and ancient tree catches your eye as you slow down to a walk. You feel the bark underneath your finger tips; rough with crevices, bumpy and jaggy. Taking the headphones out and opening the book, you sit down to read. You feel the character's emotions, you see the scenes opening and you hear the voices inside your head. This wondrous moment was broken by the school bell ringing. It's lunchtime? You think. You secretly want Jackson to find you, but you also know that deep in your heart, you might not see him again.
You continue to read and be mesmerised by the words, but a voice interrupts you. "Mind if I join you for lunch?" It is a male voice, dark and smooth. You look up. Jackson.
"Oh hi! I thought you were too busy!" You say, startled by his presence.
"Nah not really. Too many fans crowding around though," he smiles and then laughs.
You nod not knowing what to say and continue to read the book.
"You're not going to eat?" He asks, "it's lunch time and how are you not hungry?"
He takes out his lunch box and you smell the scrumptious scent of dumplings. "I forgot to pack lunch. I thought there was a cafeteria or something, but most people go home to have lunch so there isn't one. And my mum isn't picking me up until school is over so yeah..." You say and smile, "it's alright though, I'm not that hungry."
He looks at you seriously. "How are you not hungry? Blimey, I'm starving!" He laughs which makes you laugh along.
Jackson takes out chopsticks and start to pick up the dumplings. "Do you want one?" He asks, holding out a dumpling in front of you. Ummmmm! Yes or no?! Your mind races to choose.
§
§
§
§
§
§
Author's note: Okay, this is my first fanfiction so please don't judge. ^v^ I'm really busy so I might be slow with the updates. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far and please write any suggestions for the next chapter, or another story/fanfic. Thanks for the support 😊😊😊