Chapter 6

"Hey." Jackson mutters.
You're speechless. He stands behind you, holding a large umbrella over your head.
"I thought you might've forgotten your umbrella," he adds, rather awkwardly.
You shuffle your feet around and stare at the ground. He came back. But why? You slowly meet his gaze. It's still cold, but there's a hint of warmth in it.
"Thanks," you reply, with uncertainty. You continue to walk, with Jackson by your side. You can feel the jealous looks shooting at you from other schoolgirls, their eyes full of menace and envy. You dismiss it. What can they look for in this guy? He's cold, rarely talks and...he gave you an umbrella.
"I'll walk you up to the station, but then I'll have to go." He breaks the silence.
"Okay, sure..." you say, even though you don't catch the metro. You catch the bus home.
Cars whizzes past, bikes roll across, trucks dive down the street. It's pretty busy at this time of the day. The two of you slowly stop at the entrance of the station. He hands you the umbrella.
"Oh, I won't need it. Really," you say, pushing the umbrella away, "it's fine, don't you need it as well?"
Jackson shakes his head. "Don't worry, I'm dropped off at my hotel via a taxi. I'll be fine."
You gladly take the umbrella, despite your previous rejection. Slowly, you take the escalator down. You can still feel the presence of his eyes on you, so you quietly turn around to wave him goodbye. He waves back. Then you descend underground.
Finally, it's time to gather your thoughts. You wait for the metro; there's still 5 minutes until the train will come. You feel for the slip of paper again in your pocket. His number. Jackson's number.
Despite his cold demeanour, you still can't believe it. He IS an idol, a teen idol to say the least, yet why don't you feel any attraction towards him. Why isn't his posters plastered on your walls? Why isn't his songs that you listen to all the time?
However, why is he following you? Why are you so important? Your mind is getting cluttered with bombarding questions so you put the slip away and just wait their patiently.
You hear the trains whistling noises, and the cold air brushing past you as the train comes to a halt at the station. You hop on and grab onto a handle, adjusting yourself until you're comfortable. Until you see a face. It's Karry. Well, you think it's him. The other boy who's part of the boy band, the one who everyone likes. What's he doing on the train? And more importantly, why is he looking at you?