Chapter 14: The old man's request

Sumi’s narration:

I woke up by an alarm clock’s ringing…wait; I don’t remember putting an alarm clock on the desk beside the bed! I groaned realizing that it was only seven in the morning and turned off the alarm as I reached for it, I wondered why it was so heavy to move until I looked under the blanket…

OH MY FUDGESTICKS!

I widened my eyes seeing Luhan sleeping there hugging my waist and his face snuggled on my stomach, wait what happened last night? I don’t remember letting him sleep here, oh God I hope he’s wearing something down there…I peeked, and YES! Fortunately he’s wearing his usual tattered jeans under him, he better not sleep naked with me!

I flinched when the door of the room suddenly and Kris came in, hello! Did he forget how to knock? I immediately pulled my blanket up to my chest and hopefully he wouldn’t notice Luhan.

“Good Morning Ms. Sumi, you might have wondered why that alarm clock is there, I put it there so that you have to prepare early. Master Mori wants you to have this” Kris bowed and gave me a golden envelope; there must be a letter inside.

“If you are done reading it then please have breakfast in the dining room and you may prepare for the day” Kris continued looking oh so stern at me, I just nodded at him and his eyes darted on my blanket when it moved…oh shit.

“S-Sumi…” I heard Luhan groaned and he pulled himself up to my shoulder level and snuggled his face on my neck, he was still sleepy I can tell and the look on Kris’s face was indescribable…

“Sumi stop moving” Luhan complained, what the heck I’m not even moving, you are! Kris suddenly faked a cough and Luhan lazily opens his eyes, seeing Kris he quickly sits up straight and blinks innocently at us.

“Woof?” Luhan pouted and Kris shook his head, this guy! Does he seriously think Kris would not know he could speak if he keeps on woofing?

“I’ll leave you know Ms. Sumi…” Kris said and turned around as if he didn’t see Luhan at all, whew, I thought he’d go apeshit or something.

“LUHAN! Why are you here?” I pushed him away but he only pulled me closer.

“Master’s room was locked last night so I don’t know where to sleep, so I slept here with you!” Luhan chimed with a bright smile, his bed hair all over his face and he looked really handsome…ehem Sumi, focus!

“Next time can you at least ask permission? It’s a good thing Kris was calm about this!”

“Kris doesn’t mind, besides we are not doing anything bad…or you want me to do something bad?”

Luhan smirked and leaned closer to my face, eeek! NO! Not that close damn it!

“Luhan stop!” I pushed his bare chest away and he laughed at my action, “Don’t tell me Kai taught you that too! I told you not to listen to him!”

“Sorry!” Luhan apologized and hugs me tight, hmmp! He better be thankful that I’m so forgiving! “Why don’t you open that?” Luhan pointed at the golden envelope and I almost forgot about it, I opened it and indeed a letter is in there:

Dear Sumi,

            I am sorry that you have to witness the misbehaviors of the Lothaires last night and do not worry about me, I get these attacks once in a while and I’ll be staying in the hospital for a few days to keep track of my health. I want you to know that I already passed your forms to Seoul National University, I would like you to continue your college there and they accepted your home schooled degree, but you have to take up the entrance exam this afternoon. I am sorry again for surprising you about this but I know you’re a smart girl and be able to pass the exam. Kris has all the papers that you have to sign for the examination, please tend to him if you have any further questions.