Chapter 2

Thanks so much to those who have reviewed, favorited and followed this story so far! I really hope you are enjoying everything so far! A lot happens in the pilot episode of the show so if it seems like things are happening really fast it's because I am trying to keep it in fashion with the show! I promise things will slow down and you'll get to know Quinn a lot more.

James should be in the next chapter! :)

For those of you who have Instagram I created an account for this story to post outfit guides and other things here: quinn.davila

Chapter 2: Pilot Part Two

Quinn's Point of View

Three Months Ago

My brother might be a drug runner, but he was a smart drug runner. He moved up the ranks quickly. And for the most part he was happy. We were all happy. I guess you could say we were all living proof that the American dream was alive and well. Guero never talked about what he had to do when he was away. As far as I knew he was a pilot. His job was simply to make it from point A to point B on time and keep the shipment in one piece, not to mention himself.

Rarely did he ever come home hurt, but sometimes he did. In this business getting hurt was inevitable sometimes.

I believed him when he said that he was being careful and staying safe. What other choice did I have? I wasn't stupid though. I knew every time he walked out the front door there was a chance he wasn't coming home. Teresa knew it too.

"Guero should be back today, right?" I asked Teresa as a woman massaged my feet.

We'd just got done getting facials done at the spa we were at for the day. Teresa wanted to treat me to day at the spa because I just finished another semester of college. Finals were brutal and I was stressing hard. I loved spending time with Teresa, so I jumped at the opportunity.

"If all goes well, he should be." Teresa replied, a hint of sadness in her voice. She worried about my brother more then me sometimes. I'd been so busy with finals, I didn't even know were he was off to on this run.

Noticing this, I shifted in my seat a little, turning more towards her. "Don't worry about him. He's always careful and now he has even more of a reason to be." I reassured, winking at her.

Teresa smiled slightly, but I could tell she was still worried. Guero and Teresa were actually coming up on their first anniversary together. It'd been almost a year since we'd all become one big happy family.

"Come on!" I exclaimed. "We're supposed to be relaxing. Not stressing ourselves out even more."

"I know, I know." Teresa sighed, but she smiled a little more.

"Then let's talk about what you're doing for your anniversary." I told her. "The fact that Guero hasn't ran you off for an entire year is a feat itself." I laughed out laughed. "How you put up with him is beyond my comprehension."

Teresa laughed, her eyes falling a bit. I noticed she did that a lot when she was getting lost in her head.

I reached across and touched her hand gently. "Hey, you okay?"

Teresa swiped a tear that was sliding down her cheek away quickly with the flick of her hand, bracelets jangling on her wrist in the process. "I've never had an anniversary to celebrate with anyone. It's always been just me, you know? I've never had anything to be this happy about. My life has always been a series of hit and runs." She laughed, but it was hollow.

I squeezed her hand tighter. "Guero loves you. I love you. We're family, Teresa. Nothing will ever change that. The past is the past, but the future, it's ours." I lifted my hand out in front of me making a grand gesture.