Chapter 6

Dior's P.O.V

It's been a week since I met Pierre and he's all I can think about. Is this what love feels like? Is this even love? But what if he is a streetbum from the street?

No, couldn't.

A streetbum doesn't own a cellphone. Why didn't I tell that to Mom and Eve that night?, I thought as I facepalmed myself. Why do I have to be such an idiot.

As that thought crosses my mind, the ringing of our house phone makes its way through my ears. I slowly walk over to it and make it just in time.

"Hello?" I ask unsurely.

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry, but I'm gonna be home late today. Are you going to be alright by yourself?" Mom rather rambled in one breath than questioned.

My lips curled into a thin like as I remembered how overprotective my mother can be. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll be fine. Is it okay if I go for a walk by myself again?" I ask, crossing my fingers in the hopes of getting a yes.

"You are not taking a walk without me or your sisters! You hear that young lady?!" Mom yells at me through the phone.

So much for hoping.

"Okay, Mom. I'll just sit inside and do nothing the whole day." I say in disappointment.

"Okay, I'll see you later then." And with that she disconnects the call.

Ohw well, I'll just sit around all day—
Hold on. I can just sit outside on the porch. She didn't say anything about going not going on the porch. 

I can just read my book that I still need to finish. For now I'll just take a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up to the sound of sirens is really a wake up call. It immediately caught me thinking did I leave the stove on? Or maybe it's my next door neighbour? Or it's just the police chasing a thief? Or did a thief break in?

I got off the couch and walked to the kitchen to get a cup of pineapple juice when I heard a sound. Startled I freeze, trying to hear any kind of sound again. What the hell could it be ?

All kinds danger related thoughts came into my mind. It could be a cat or a thief or worse, my house may be haunted. For all those years I've been living here, it could be that today is its wake up call.

"Mr. Ghost ?" I ask. Wait what if it's Dad? "Daddy? Is it you?" I ask. Then I hear giggling And then the person full on laughs.

"Oh my God. See, Loren, I told you she's a freak," I heard a sudden laugh.

"Yeah, I can't believe she thinks ghost exist," I once again heard another giggle.

"How-how d-did you co-come into my h-house ?" I asked frightened. "Puh-please l-l-leave ?"

"Hey freak are you asking or saying? You're such a freak. I can't believe Eve's related to you! You're so ugly and a burden to everyone in your family. Why don't you go kill yourself, blind freak. I wonder why you didn't kill yourself yet?" Said one girl.

There were tears falling from my eyes and flowing down my face. I was full on crying right now. I have never been insulted like this. I know that I'm a burden sometimes, but I never thought it was like this. Maybe I should kill myself.

"Oh I know why, she can't see how she can tie the rope and hang herself. Or she just doesn't know what pills to drink." They were laughing at me and telling me how to kill myself.

I dropped on the ground and leaned on the wall behind me crying in the corner. How can people be so cruel? I could hear their footsteps fading away and the door closing. I just stayed there on the ground, wondering why I'm still here.

They're right. I am a burden to my Mom and sisters. They don't have time alone. They can't go out and party like normal people. If I can't kill myself, I'll just run away.

I got up and walked upstairs. Got a bag out of my closet that would be big enough to fit a lot of my clothes and just grabbed just any clothes I could find and put it inside my bag. Next were my undergarments. I put that too. I walk downstairs and put on my shoes. Nothing will stop me from leaving. 

I now realize how much of a burden I am to my family. They never told me, because they were afraid it would hurt my feelings, but they don't have to tell me either, because now I finally realized it. I open the front door, take my walking stick, and walk out of the place I call home. I keep walking the same way I walked when I was alone that day. The day I met Pierre. 

I kept on walking straight. To where? I don't know and I don't care either. I just hope none of my family members find me.

As I'm walking straight, I hear a honk. It might be a truck and I'm in the middle of the street. This is even better. This might be how I could kill myself. I stand still and wait for my death– for my heart to stop beating. I can still hear the car or truck honking. Then I hear my name being called. It's a familiar voice. I turn my head towards the voice, trying to recognize it somehow, but then suddenly there it is the pain I've been waiting for. 

My family would finally be able to live in peace.