The abode of darkness

'But dad! I don't want to marry so soon!' Sakura protruded her lips in a frown.

Her dad sighed heavily.

'My dear girl..Try to understand your dad's situation...You have to!'

' But I don't love anyone!'

'You will grow to love him.'

'Oh..' Sakura's features sharpened. She was in a rage..

'So am I just a pawn? You just need to build an alliance with the other kings. Admit it.'

Now it was the turn of the king to be angry.

'Yes..guess what? You ARE a pawn. I did not bring you up with  food and materials for nothing..' The king growled.

'You ungrateful child..Guards! Lock her up in a room and keep her there for a day. Some sense needs to be knocked into this girl for a change. ' The king grumbled and walked away.

Sakura was snatched, dragged and thrown into a dark room, with the door securely locked. Hot tears welled down her cheeks.

'God..Is this really a price that I have to pay in order to live the life of a princess? He would surely have treated me differently if I was a prince.' She cried.

She challenged the Gods openly. She had the courage to.

After all, what she said was valid.

The life of princesses matter.
They are not just an adhesives to glue together different families.

They are a human.
Consisted of flesh and blood.

Another tear ran down her cheeks, making their way all the down her neck, wetting the neck of her beautiful dress.

'God.. '
She prayed..

Immediately,  a strong gust of wind blew a window open.

'This room has windows?'

It didn't...Not a few days ago.

She looked closer.

'No bars'

Her face curved into a smile as she  climbed out.

Not even the sky is her limit.