11.) The bitter cold comes early

As soon as October came , October had left . It's now mid November and the month of December was just around the corner. It's not that you dreaded December , no it's far from that , you just expect a lot from it . O.W.L's exams , the pureblood ball , and spending the holiday with Draco.

        "Ugh" you sigh a bit as you think of the end of the year. The O.W.L's  the dreaded OWL exam, something every wizard and witch despise with a passion . Once again you find yourself trying to memorize  potion ingredients that are in your textbook . Dray nudging his furry head against you trying to grasp your attention , simply because his little furry soul missed you.

     Giving Dray a light scratch behind the ear , you carry on reading the ingredients being sure to remember each one . At least that is what you were doing before a young wizard named Blaise decided to stroll into your dormitory.

"Still studying I see ." He says while giving a slight nod of greeting your way.

"Still have no manners I see ." You retort slightly annoyed that he just let himself into your dorm & he also disrupted your precious study time. "You know moron I could've been changing ." You announce to him .

"But you aren't so it doesn't matter ." He said as he plopped down next to you and began to pet Dray , Dray only gave him a sniff before sticking up his nose and flicking his tail as he walked off lay on your pillow.

"Next time knock or I'll curse you " you huff before closing your textbook since studying is the last thing on your mind . "Anyways what made you come and disturb me ? " you ask while getting up to stack your textbook on your desk , then returning to your spot on the bed .

"Nothing much really but have you noticed Draco is spending an awful amount of time with Astoria?" He asks you

Lately all you've done is study , you haven't spent much time with Draco since the whole Dare or be Punished mess. And that was in the beginning of October , it's now mid November . Besides class and lunch you haven't really spent time with Draco, had he really been hanging out with Astoria the whole time you've been caught up with your studies ?

"No I haven't .." you reply a bit dazed after hearing what you did.

"Yeah , he's hardly spent time with any of us guys , I assumed he'd be spending all that time with you , but it seems he's been spending it with Astoria ." Blaise explained .

Astoria was your roommate , she knows you and Draco are close , why hadn't she said anything about her and Draco forming a friendship. Yes, you and her aren't necessarily friends, but she should have at least mentioned it . Then it struck you , you've never really had a conversation with Astoria , why would she tell you ? Why wouldn't Draco tell you? Why was this bothering you so much?

"I wonder when they started becoming friendly ?" You say shrugging it off like it didn't matter to you , when in all actuality you wanted to know every detail. You felt like Astoria was taking away something that was rightfully yours .

Draco was YOUR best friend , he was YOUR first friend , he was YOUR partner in crime . Him becoming friends with another girl? You could hardly fathom that .

"Let's head to dinner ." Blaise said

Nodding your head you follow Blaise to great hall and low and behold sitting in YOUR seat was none other than Astoria Greengrass . You felt your stomach sink lower than what it already was . Feeling your appetite leave your body you decide to fall behind and you sat yourself at the very end of Slytherin table. Where it'd be harder for them to see you .

Sitting next to you however was Alister . Draco's roommate . He's a very handsome and calm boy so hopefully you weren't secretly annoying him with your presence and your gloomy aura that came with it.