12.) The gap between us widens

Ever since the evening you spent with Alister in that library , you've stuck by his side since . It's been a month since then and it's already mid December . In just one week you'll be heading back to the Malfoy manner to spend Christmas with Draco's family. You cringe a bit at the thought . Speaking with Draco again would awkward . You don't even talk to him on a daily basis and sitting next to him in class already makes you dread going to classes . Whenever you're around him the atmosphere gets very awkward and tense .

Today was the usual , or at least the usual for this past month . Wake up , go to class , hang out with Alister during lunch , more classes and then hanging out with Alister from dinner till bedtime. The month that you've been spending time with Alister , you've got to know him quite a bit . The things he likes and the things he dislikes . It facilitates you. He was the complete opposite of Draco.

Instead of being arrogant , he was calm and collected . Instead of being blonde , he had locks dark as obsidian. Instead of being a bully , he was a peaceful soul. Instead of being crude , he had class. Instead of leaving you for another girl , he stays by you. Alister is the best friend you've wished for .

Seeing that you've started hanging out with Alister , all your old friends stopped approaching you. Crabbe , Goyle , and Blaise. They all stick by Draco and the witch who stole your spot ,Astoria. Being that she is your roommate you try to avoid all possible contact with her , and you've grown a big distain for her .

With Astoria you have no patience. She's the type of person where you just hear her name and your upset . She doesn't even have to do anything and you're fuming . Just her presence is enough to put you in a bad mood. Therefore you try to avoid all contact with her , which is pretty hard being that you share a room, so when even she talks to you , you answer in grunt or very short and curt "ok's" and "yep's".

As of currently it was lunch which you and Alister decided to skip. Alister wanted to go read his book out in the courtyard , you didn't mind missing a meal so you tagged along. Alister loved to read , he read about all kinds of things . You could name a book and the chances are that he's probably read it . He even reads books by Guildory Lockheart . Hearing that made you cringe , your mother read those obviously faked books. Alister claims to have read them out of boredom, but you always argue that it's his guilty pleasure.

Heading to the courtyard you and him are discussing his habit of reading Guildory Lockheart .

"You know ,you can just admit it's your guilty pleasure Al." You say matter of factly , grinning a bit at the nickname you've given him . You liked calling him Al it made you feel special . You were the only person allowed to call him that.

"It's not a guilty pleasure , it's just boredom . Since he has multiple books I'll never get bored ." Alister turns up his nose , trying his best to sound like he doesn't care about the books.

"Sure sure Al . Whatever makes you happy." You say while yawning a bit .

Once reaching the courtyard you and him sit on the cement border of a stone statue . It's a very detailed statue of a phenix. It's very old and covered with vines , but you don't mind it . It's a very peaceful place to sit and enjoy the quiet .

Alister sat down on the cement border , book in his hand , he leaned against the statue ever so slightly for support. His black hair covering his face so well that you can barely make out his healthy pale complexion. You observe him, he was really attractive , he looked good doing anything. He could be holding troll dung and make it look attractive.