The Other Woman // Jamie Benn

The shower was running and halfway through, the bell rang. I threw the blankets off my legs and went to answer it as I was. Having just woke up, I didn't look the greatest.

Messy hair, no makeup, short shorts, and a Captain America tee. Hopefully this wasn't someone important.

"Is Jamie here?" I looked at my fitbit to see what time it was before I answered.

"Yeah, come in." I was too tired, even though I got to sleep until almost noon, to ask questions. Saturdays were the only day I got to sleep in and even then it wasn't very often I slept this much. "Do you want something to drink? I'm making tea."

"Do you have coffee?"

"Jamie made a pot earlier or we have the keurig if you want something fancier. The tree is at the island." I filled the kettle and put it on the stove. Grabbing the k-cup from her hand, I started her coffee.

"How are you so tan at this point in the year?" I looked at her and furrowed my brow. She was pretty. Blonde hair, blue yes. You know the stereotypical could be model and maybe she was. She looked like she was barely legal. I mean, I do too but thankfully my eastern European roots made me look at least 23 at the age of 27. "I'm sorry, I'm just not even that tan in the summer and-"

"My mom is from Greece and my dad is from Ukraine." My accent came out thick, as it usually does right after I wake up. When the shower finished I told my husband he had a visitor. I grabbed a ponytail from my side of the bathroom and went back to pour the water for my tea.

Jamie came out in an old shirt that usually is worn under his pads and a pair of shorts. I looked at him and groaned. The millionaire refused to give up the shirt. I tried, I really did.

"Michelle." The color out of Jamie's face drained. Thoughts started racing through my mind but I decided to let my husband have the benefit of the doubt. "How are you here?"

"Tyler uh told me where you lived." This wasn't looking good for Benny boy here. "Can we talk uhh without your wife?"

"No secrets, or that's what we promised each other."

Something told me he already had a secret. I jumped up onto the countertop and started drinking my tea. Hopefully I wouldn't throw it at someone. No promises, though.

"Jamie. I uh-" This girl was nervous and for that, I feel bad. Just get to the point. Is my life getting a speed bump or are you a long lost sister? "I'm pregnant."

My heart sunk, but not for the reason you would think. My husband's mistress is pregnant. He was going to have a child. Something I most likely couldn't do. I set my tea down and tried to hold back the tears as Jamie struggled for words.

He followed me as I ran to our bedroom. "Delaney, wait."

"If me not having children was such a horrible thing we shouldn't have gotten married in the first place." I collapsed on our bed, wondering why this had happened. What made Jamie stray? "I thought we were going to adopt. Now you have a different child."

"I want to talk to you about this but Michelle is in the kitchen and I think that we need to talk to her about what she wants. You shouldn't have to suffer from my mistake."

"I've always said that you don't throw something away just because it's broken." I sighed and walked back to the kitchen with my husband on my heels. I took my seat back on the counter as Jamie talked to this girl.

"I'm sorry that this happened. I wouldn't have said anything but I'm only 21." See, barely legal. "I barely can afford rent every month, let alone pay for an abortion."