One Heart to Another // Sean Kuraly

Because Maddie and Tae are amazing and we've all had that guy that goes from one heart to another.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You have a date with a Bruin."

"No," I told them, "I have a date with my piano."

"You will not turn down this date."

So I didn't. My friends were all dating professional athletes in the Boston area. Marlie was the only one with the looks to hook a Patriot. Not that I was jealous, I still got to party with Gronk after the most recent trophy.

It was a bucket list item. I heard someone describe it as "organized chaos" and that's exactly what it was.

I was the only one not dating an athlete and I didn't really care. Dating wasn't really my scene. But I went on that date with Sam and it was the start of something amazing.

But that was over a year ago. Now, he's just another person in my life.

I try not to hang out with the girls when they're at hockey parties, but it was hard to avoid it when your best friends really only hang out with Bruins girlfriends.

Playing at a bar on the Saturdays was something I had been doing since I started college at Berklee. Sometimes I played piano, sometimes it was just me singing, but tonight I decided to add in a guitar.

It was a rough day and I wanted to cancel but I couldn't. I wasn't going to let myself do that when I really owe so much to the owners of the bar. But someone told me that they invited Sam's new girl and I didn't want to see her.

Not because I didn't like her or anything. I've heard she was a very sweet girl and she certainly doesn't deserve what he's going to do to her. But Sam, he's just like most of the young pro athletes. He goes from one heart to another.

"Thanks for coming tonight. I uh, I'm in a strange mood tonight so that's probably going to effect my music but like, we're still going to have a good time tonight."

There was a little bit of everyone. All my girls, a football girlfriend, and all of the Bruins ladies.. And their significant others. Plus the guys that were looking for a girl to take home.

"So I wrote this one a few weeks back. I was all set to play it and then I saw who was in the crowd and I was like fuck. Okay. Everyone's going to know what this is about, but like. All I have to say is fuck you Sam. This is called One Heart to Another."

And I don't want to impose, or cause a scene. But I'm going to tell you what the last one told me. From one heart, to another. From one ex to the next lover. I've felt that spell you're under, that kiss underneath those covers.

"I love you Janie!"

"I love me too." I laughed "Yeah, let's get some upbeat songs going. The first time I came to Boston, I was 16. My mom brought me to a Dropkick Murphys concert. I fell in love with the city, got into my college, and have been to every one of their Boston concerts since I've lived here."

The girls stayed and hung out at the bar with me afterwards. I wasn't expecting Sean and his new friend to stay, but they did.

I ended up getting back on stage to sing a few rounds of drinking songs and then it was time for me to leave.

"Hey, Jane, can I talk to you for a minute?" Sean's newest fling came up to me before I went out the door.

"I can't promise I will remember it, but of course."

"I was warned. You aren't the first. I just-"

"He's going to change, right? It won't be you this time?"

"Yeah."

"Sweetie, I hope that's the case. If not, we can have a Sean sucks club. Just be careful, babe."